speakers match with rotel ra1520

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys, here i am a new member with my new audio system needing an help from you. first of all i'm from italy and i spent the last 4 months to build my new hifi system following whathifi reviews and at least all the posts in this forum, and i create a setup like this: ampli Rotel RA-1520 (new) - cd/sacd player Marantz SA7001 KI signature (used) - tuner Marantz ST6300 - speakers Epos M5 (used). Now i can have the opportunity to buy floorstanding speakers to replace the Epos, so excluding B&W that for me don't match with rotel due to high very disappointing i'm thinking about Monitor audio rs6 tannoy dc6t or even the v4 so i can save some money for the cables (now i have audioquest alpha snake) or do you have any other speakers to suggest to listen to? many thanks for your help and patience. cheers, Matteo.

casma04 said:
Hi guys, here i am a new member with my new audio system needing an help from you. first of all i'm from italy and i spent the last 4 months to build my new hifi system following whathifi reviews and at least all the posts in this forum, and i create a setup like this: ampli Rotel RA-1520 (new) - cd/sacd player Marantz SA7001 KI signature (used) - tuner Marantz ST6300 - speakers Epos M5 (used). Now i can have the opportunity to buy floorstanding speakers to replace the Epos, so excluding B&W that for me don't match with rotel due to high very disappointing i'm thinking about Monitor audio rs6 tannoy dc6t or even the v4 so i can save some money for the cables (now i have audioquest alpha snake) or do you have any other speakers to suggest to listen to? many thanks for your help and patience. cheers, Matteo.

Hi Matteo

How would you describe the performance of your current system?

Can you elaborate more as to what you didn't feel comfortable with listening to the Rotel/B&W combination?

What do you and anyone else who is also likely to use the system generally listen to?

The size of your room?

Is the room lightly or heavily furnished?

Room positioning of the new speakers (distance to walls, corners, will there be anything between the speakers such as a cabinet, windows etc.)?

Distance between the speakers?

Listening distance?

Will anything be in the way of the speakers?

Room floor is (concrete, carpeted, marble,wooden etc.)?

Your general listening level?

What is your maximum budget?

With a change of speakers what kind of presentation are you looking for the system to reproduce?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
The monitor audio rs6 are no longer. They are replaced by the rx6.....great speaker too.

The tannoy dc6t would be good to demo, as would some KEF speakers in your price range.

The tannoy v4 would be a weak (ish) link in your system, and wouldn't offer the best from your rotel amp, in my opinion.

A

Anonymous

Hi and thanks for your reply. So my current system is how can i say..neutral...it sounds ok but there's something missing, maybe have not the right impact and i suspect that the speakers are the problem. I said so because i have attached a pair of B&W 684 of a friend of mine for two days, the impact is impressive but after an hour or so it becomes very difficult to hear alaso at medium level, the highs are very intrusive and for me is not ok. my room size it's 15 meters for 6 meters, the speakers are ata about 2,5 meters from each other, there's nothing between them, they will be placed on the carpet floor, the room have a library, two chairs, windows with curtains and the distance listening will be 2,5-3 meters. i can listen at medium and sometis high level, don't have neighbours so no problem, i listen many fusion (expecially billy cobham and marcus miller) and all kind of rock but not heavy (so Pink Floyd, Genesis, Jeff Beck, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones..). my budget is 700-800 euros or pounds. what i like from the speakers is the detail first of all and then the punch and the presentation. hope it can be helpful for any help! thank you very much for your reply.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts