speakers for Yamaha AS2000 AND Yamaha CD2000

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

i have been looking for speakers to pair these two units.have listened to the MA GS20,Spendors S8E,DYNAUDIO EXCITE 32,PROAC D18.

Still cannot decide as i tend to listen Rnb music so i will love my bass .

My budget for speakers is 2k

All help is welcome.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
This is going to come down to personal taste. From what I've heard of the Yamaha's, I'd stay clear of speakers which are too warm in the bass, like the Dynaudio's for example, and I I don't think the MA's will be the best match either. I'd look more towards more neutral sounding speakers, like the Proac's and ATC's. Anything too warm and you'll lack any sort of definition in the bass, which can have the effect of 'slowing' the music down, so to speak.

A

Anonymous

Try Sonus Faber or the more expensive Cantons. There's also the heavily underrated Yamaha Soavo.

Hi benh

Please also consider ATC's SCM40 speakers at the £2k level. I have used the Yamaha 2000's with the SCM40's and sold many ATC speakers over the last few years to Yamaha owners of two channel and AV products and they work well due to ATC's neutral, uncoloured and natural presentation which helps offset the slightly warm presentation (nothing wrong with this) of the Yamaha's.

http://www.atc.gb.net/scm40.htm

http://www.atc.gb.net/studioDriveUnits.htm

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

After careful considerations on choice of speakers, listening to and talking to professionals i finally decided to go for the SCM40.spoke to Rick from Music Craft who gave me an in depth explanation to the Studio Control Monitors'blink factor' and with my choice of music made a decision to go for them.I prefered the more neutral and straight sound of the ATC's.

I thought the ATC 3" mid-range dome (as sported by the SCM-40) to be one of the finest drivers ever made. With nearly 7kg of magnet and a full 1/2" of travel, it specifications is better than most competitors OEM mid/bass units and is one of a kind of the driver world Under all but the most extreme conditions in their much larger active monitors.

I will recommend 'Rick the messenger' from Musicraft in Derby for all ATC needs for his knowledge,professionalism and sense of humour throughout my dealings with him and the questions asked and anwers were all helpful.

Thanks to Dave at hifix for all the answers to my enquiries and all those who answered my post.All input was appreciated.

Now am gonna enjoy my AS2000 in my Living room for a long long time with my ATC speakers.

A

Anonymous

I like the retro looks of your yamaha's and the inclusion of atcs is a system I wouldn't mind having. Sounds like a really nice kit. Enjoy!

A

Anonymous

I have the Yamaha AS1000 and CD1000, great kit, and some reviews have rated them over the more expensive AS2000 and CD2000 ;)

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
benharlley: Thanks to Dave at hifix for all the answers to my enquiries and all those who answered my post.All input was appreciated.

Now am gonna enjoy my AS2000 in my Living room for a long long time with my ATC speakers.No problem at all, and I'm sure you'll be extremely happy with your purchase
emotion-1.gif

benharlley:

After careful considerations on choice of speakers, listening to and talking to professionals i finally decided to go for the SCM40.spoke to Rick from Music Craft who gave me an in depth explanation to the Studio Control Monitors'blink factor' and with my choice of music made a decision to go for them.I prefered the more neutral and straight sound of the ATC's.

I thought the ATC 3" mid-range dome (as sported by the SCM-40) to be one of the finest drivers ever made. With nearly 7kg of magnet and a full 1/2" of travel, it specifications is better than most competitors OEM mid/bass units and is one of a kind of the driver world Under all but the most extreme conditions in their much larger active monitors.

I will recommend 'Rick the messenger' from Musicraft in Derby for all ATC needs for his knowledge,professionalism and sense of humour throughout my dealings with him and the questions asked and anwers were all helpful.

Thanks to Dave at hifix for all the answers to my enquiries and all those who answered my post.All input was appreciated.

Now am gonna enjoy my AS2000 in my Living room for a long long time with my ATC speakers.

Hi Ben

Thanks for your kind words and for your support.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Just my grain of salt here. I have auditionned both the 1000 and 2000 series extensively.

The cd players ( CD S1000 and CD S2000 ) are virtually, sonically identical to my ears, using some very expensive PMC speakers.

As for the amplifiers - sorry - but the AS2000 is a whole order of magnitude more revealing and refined than the AS1000 - NO CONTEST - My fellow audio engineers at the recording studio agree with me on this one - although both are worth the money. The AS 1000 is a great amp, but the AS2000 is just so much better. I wish people would actually compare the gear before making such statements - the differences are quite audible even on first listen.

A

Anonymous

studiosteve said:
Just my grain of salt here. I have auditionned both the 1000 and 2000 series extensively.

The cd players ( CD S1000 and CD S2000 ) are virtually, sonically identical to my ears, using some very expensive PMC speakers.

As for the amplifiers - sorry - but the AS2000 is a whole order of magnitude more revealing and refined than the AS1000 - NO CONTEST - My fellow audio engineers at the recording studio agree with me on this one - although both are worth the money. The AS 1000 is a great amp, but the AS2000 is just so much better. I wish people would actually compare the gear before making such statements - the differences are quite audible even on first listen.
Weighing in at a back breaking 22.7 kgs{50lbs}. You can tell this is a quality product,very well put together.

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
benharlley said:

{Geek Mode}

I believe that the SM75-150 3" mid-dome has only 1/4 Inch (6mm) Peak to Peak travel, rather than 1/2". The non 'S' version is used in their PA speakers, rather than the 'S' which is used in the larger, actives.

And if you like the 40's, the 50ASL's are much, much better, they have the SM75-150'S' 3" mid-dome, SL spec bass drivers (like the SCM19 rather than the non-SL in the SCM40's) and a much better tweeter.

{/Geek Mode}

Enjoy you system, sounds like you are really happy with it! :dance:

A

Anonymous

too bad you didnt audition BW CM 9 and give them a chance !

regarding the bass depth and control they are in this price range maybe the best choice and overall very good choice for

yamaha;s 2000 series with their transparency

yamaha 2000 and 1000 series retro style is simply gorgeous !

enjoy

hoopsontoast said:
benharlley said:

{Geek Mode}

I believe that the SM75-150 3" mid-dome has only 1/4 Inch (6mm) Peak to Peak travel, rather than 1/2". The non 'S' version is used in their PA speakers, rather than the 'S' which is used in the larger, actives.

And if you like the 40's, the 50ASL's are much, much better, they have the SM75-150'S' 3" mid-dome, SL spec bass drivers (like the SCM19 rather than the non-SL in the SCM40's) and a much better tweeter.

{/Geek Mode}

Enjoy you system, sounds like you are really happy with it! :dance:

Hi hoopsontoast

Ben has upgraded from SCM40's and is using SCM50ASL monitors which are being driven by the Reference SCA2 pre amplifier.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

FrankHarveyHiFi said:
This is going to come down to personal taste. From what I've heard of the Yamaha's, I'd stay clear of speakers which are too warm in the bass, like the Dynaudio's for example, and I I don't think the MA's will be the best match either. I'd look more towards more neutral sounding speakers, like the Proac's and ATC's. Anything too warm and you'll lack any sort of definition in the bass, which can have the effect of 'slowing' the music down, so to speak.

Tend to agree. The only Yamaha amp stuff I've heard was, going back a few years, a processor and this guy had some Kef Reference floostanders tethered to them. It did sound pretty tasty, but wasn't cheap though.

A

Anonymous

plastic penguin said:
FrankHarveyHiFi said:

Tend to agree. The only Yamaha amp stuff I've heard was, going back a few years, a processor and this guy had some Kef Reference floostanders tethered to them. It did sound pretty tasty, but wasn't cheap though.
as2000 for sale on a certain auction site if your tempted p.p. :)

FATS 2828 said:
plastic penguin said:
FrankHarveyHiFi said:

as2000 for sale on a certain auction site if your tempted p.p. :)

Ding Dong!

Nah, not really my scene. This system was about 20k worth of surround sound, in the late 90s.

TRENDING THREADS