speakers for rega system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,Could any one recommend speakers for my rega system (apollo,maia and mira)?My last speakers were monitor audio rs6 but were two big for my living room so had to sell them,I would like stand mounters the best option would be rega rs1 but don't like the look of them and they are not bi wire able.Any recommendations would be welcome. Thanks

I've not heard any Rega set-up, but most on here say that the RS1s are a perfect match. The best advice I can give, if you're adament about not having the RS1, is to contact a local dealer and try a few different brands out. If you like the MAs try and audition the newer RX1s, which are standmounted.

A

Anonymous

Try listening to bookshelf speakers around the £1,000 mark. I heard the Vienna Haydn Grand the other day on a similar pre-power and they were lovely.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
What is your max budget?

Being bi-wireable shouldn't be the deciding factor, if it stops you getting the best match.

Edit: Do you mean bi-ampable, as you have a power amp as well. That is a totally different matter, and merits finding a speaker to accomodate this.

A

Anonymous

Also Dynaudio go surprisingly well with Rega equipment.

Many manufacturers have dropped biwiring as an option now, so I wouldn't worry if speakers don't allow biwiring. The benefits were always a bit dubious anyway.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your advice, I was thinking about dynaudio 2/6 would the rega amps have enough punch for them?Also the new kefQ300 look really cool.

A

Anonymous

I've got the Rega Rs5s with the rega dac and the mira. Work well. Not stand mounters though.

About biwiring: Rega says you won't get any advantages by doing it, so spare yourself the cable.

A

Anonymous

neomac said:
Thanks for your advice, I was thinking about dynaudio 2/6 would the rega amps have enough punch for them?Also the new kefQ300 look really cool.
To my ears the Mira did. Certainly worth an audition, anyway.

neomac said:

Hi Neomac

Rega's RS1 or Dynaudio DM 2/6 speakers work well with the Mira amplifier.

Btw, i've also used a Brio3 and Mira3 with DM 2/6's over the last few months and both amps were potent enough for these Dynaudio speakers.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your comments guys ,living here in inverness I have to travel to Aberdeen for a demo so forums like these really help. I ordered a pair of eb acoustics eb1 today so hope their here for the summer parties, and it gives me two months to think of an excuse to the better half why I need new speakers,ill just say i bought them on ebay.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
neomac said:
Thanks for your comments guys ,living here in inverness I have to travel to Aberdeen for a demo so forums like these really help. I ordered a pair of eb acoustics eb1 today so hope their here for the summer parties, and it gives me two months to think of an excuse to the better half why I need new speakers,ill just say i bought them on ebay.

You may find that they will be more like a Christmas present...does your better half believe in Santa. ;)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Neomac mentions Mira and Maia, which means that he is probably "bi-amping" - if this is the case, he needs speakers that can accomodate it, as the improvement is usually worthwhile.

A

Anonymous

Hi guys, I received my eb1 about 2 months ago(lovely speakers)but sounded flat with my rega system so i took my new speaker to my local hifi store for a demo with other amps . First was the new audiolab cd & amp,Wow what a sound the eb1 reborn,. but the wife wants something smaller(an all in one) So next Arcam solo neo (still flat) next myryad mi (big improvement)then the marantz 603(wow this sounds fantastic).This £420 all in one rocks . I sold my mira,maia and apollo and bought the marantz . I thought i would never buy an all in one but this is 603 is something else. What do you guys think about the marantz I love it.

neomac said:
Hi guys, I received my eb1 about 2 months ago(lovely speakers)but sounded flat with my rega system so i took my new speaker to my local hifi store for a demo with other amps . First was the new audiolab cd & amp,Wow what a sound the eb1 reborn,. but the wife wants something smaller(an all in one) So next Arcam solo neo (still flat) next myryad mi (big improvement)then the marantz 603(wow this sounds fantastic).This £420 all in one rocks . I sold my mira,maia and apollo and bought the marantz . I thought i would never buy an all in one but this is 603 is something else. What do you guys think about the marantz I love it.

Good grief: the thread started off as speakers to match a Rega system, now you've changed the whole lot.

The Marantz you have has built up a good rep for SQ. Andrew Everard did state a while back that the Marantz is capable of powering PMC GB1is. A couple of others have invested in the Marantz - and Chebby in particular - is using... have a guess what speakers he has? ;) Yup, Rega.

TRENDING THREADS