speakers for old version Musical Fidelity A1

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
title says it all - the elderly Mission 70s are knackered and I never liked them much anyway, I need new speakers ... for shelf mounting I guess..

sold the LP12 years ago and the speaker stands are in the loft so now just a Project tt plus mid range cd player and the high temperature A1...

am wondering about AE Aegis Twos (perhaps a bit big) or AE Neo 1 or Mordaunt Short 902i or Wharfedale 9.1

probably going to buy at cheap n cheerful Richer Sounds - I'm so out of the hi fi loop I dont know if the £100-£150 speakers at Richers are any good - not that they have AE anyway

and more important which will sound ok with my 20 year old A1?

A

Anonymous

Proacs would mix quite nicely with that amp I think. I think the Studio 100s would be good.

A

Anonymous

thanks for replies - but Igglebert, correct me if I'm wrong, the ProAcs are £1000 - which is somewhat out of budget!

no votes for Acoustic Energy ?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="cretaceous"]
thanks for replies - but Igglebert, correct me if I'm wrong, the ProAcs are £1000 - which is somewhat out of budget!

[/quote]
My apologies, I thought they were cheaper than that. Well, maybe find a used pair. For that amp you need some efficient speakers so look for something in the order of 90dB/W/m when creating an audition list.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="igglebert"]

[/quote]

At that price point I would be looking along the line of Q acoustic although I have to mention the amp could be partner with £800 speakers without sound of of class.

Acoustic Energy AE1 would sound very good with the amp but at cost.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts