Speakers for nad c316bee

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
gasolin said:
Forgot to mention atm i can get a new pair of dali ikon 1 mk 2 cheaper then B&W 686s2 and only a bit mopre expensive then the zensor 3
you may find that the dali ikon 1 mk 2 might be the same as the dali 3s in there sound but your getting a ribbon tweeter but you never know they might not sound the same as the dali 3s . is there anyway you can demo before buying the next speaker ? as this will stop you making mistakes i have made them myself but very risky buying blind

gasolin

Blacksabbath25 said:
gasolin said:
Forgot to mention atm i can get a new pair of dali ikon 1 mk 2 cheaper then B&W 686s2 and only a bit mopre expensive then the zensor 3
you may find that the dali ikon 1 mk 2 might be the same as the dali 3s in there sound but your getting a ribbon tweeter but you never know they might not sound the same as the dali 3s . is there anyway you can demo before buying the next speaker ? as this will stop you making mistakes i have made them myself but very risky buying blind

I don't think so the only ones i audtioned was dali zensor 3 and som small dali menuet (the menuet se is within my budget as a demo although it's vclose to my limited) there wasnt any alterantive, opticon 1 a bit to expensive

gasolin

Elac B5/6 should be very good mabe by the who made the extremly cheap pioneer that is one of the best budget speaker

The elac B5/6 is a litte more expensive then the pioneer speakler but much better (not shure they have then any where in denmark)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KZ7ig9EiNI

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Not heard the Cambridge speakers so can not comment on them but some of the monitor audio speakers are meant to be a neutral speakers as it sound to me your looking for a detailed treble but not to bright and natural bass that doesn't Go to deep and to keep the Nad amp is this right ? Or are you looking at changing both in the future as I have never owned a Nad amp before or heard one is it much different from the marantz pm6005 that you had because I thought marantz had a flat response Evan though I thought it sounded warm but this must come down to the speakers or the dac used and power supply as I found out there is no house sound from a post that we did on here but not with marantz anyway . Like I say about useing sliver RCAs or speaker cables I found that they can add brightness to the treble if the setup is a little bright for a start but do understand that silver is a good conducter but I always ways use good quality cooper cables as I find it helps with bass control . So the only thing I could think of is find a speaker with good treble and a natural bass and add a sub and integrate some bass a little that way then your controlling how much bass your adding to the speakers but this also comes down to how good the sub is too and how you have set this up Dali make some good subs . I tell you what your a lucky man have Dali right on your door step they really do make some amazing speakers you should be proud of your country at making a good speakers I have had loads of speakers in the past I even owned audio golds in the past which cost double what my Dali opticons cost me and my opticons wipe the floor with the audio golds that I had years ago anyway let us know what your going to go for

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I have the A26 speakers and think the bass is good for the size. They retailed for £250 so similar price to the Dali Lektor 2, Monitor Audio BX2 etc. I think the A26's easily compete with this category of speaker (reviews are all good). I would expect to pay at least double for a better sounding speaker. Dyanudio DM2/7 would be a good place to begin but as you want a better and lower bass frequency I would suggest floor standers. Something like the Monitor Audio bronze 6 or Q acoustics 3050, Wharfedale diamond 230 or Dali Zensor 5.

gasolin

Blacksabbath25 said:
Not heard the Cambridge speakers so can not comment on them but some of the monitor audio speakers are meant to be a neutral speakers as it sound to me your looking for a detailed treble but not to bright and natural bass that doesn't Go to deep and to keep the Nad amp is this right ? Or are you looking at changing both in the future as I have never owned a Nad amp before or heard one is it much different from the marantz pm6005 that you had because I thought marantz had a flat response Evan though I thought it sounded warm but this must come down to the speakers or the dac used and power supply as I found out there is no house sound from a post that we did on here but not with marantz anyway . Like I say about useing sliver RCAs or speaker cables I found that they can add brightness to the treble if the setup is a little bright for a start but do understand that silver is a good conducter but I always ways use good quality cooper cables as I find it helps with bass control . So the only thing I could think of is find a speaker with good treble and a natural bass and add a sub and integrate some bass a little that way then your controlling how much bass your adding to the speakers but this also comes down to how good the sub is too and how you have set this up Dali make some good subs . I tell you what your a lucky man have Dali right on your door step they really do make some amazing speakers you should be proud of your country at making a good speakers I have had loads of speakers in the past I even owned audio golds in the past which cost double what my Dali opticons cost me and my opticons wipe the floor with the audio golds that I had years ago anyway let us know what your going to go for

I dont wan't a bright top like there is with dali zensors, theres where my boston a's are really good, like a sound you don't get tired listening to after many hours (feel the wharfedale diamond 220 is to soft to restrained, dali zensor 1 to loud and not very good playing loud within a 50 watt amps limited)

What i like,want in bass, i would rather have a tight dynamic bass you can hear, then a ultra deep bass that is neutral and depends on how the music you listen to is recorded. I can't have both since i don't have the space for a subwoofer and i can't adjust it to sound perfect with my speakers, so i rather have a dynamic,tight bass you can hear then a ultra deep bass.

50hz is fine, wouldn't like to have down to 40hz but a more flat frequency responce and lower max spl (like the bass is deep but the speaker is not able to play loud, have tried such speaker once, i wish besides a much more soft top that it could handle 50watt (edm) without reaching it's limited, bass wasn't ultra deep (under 60hz) but i could hear it and it was full bodied,warm sounding)

Bass to me is not just bass under 80hz but also above 80hz, if you want a tight kick from the drums like in a dum solo it's not enough to have alot of power under 80hz

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi again. I couldn't see the Dynaudio DM 2/7 speakers I suggested on the web. Even though I doubt another budget speaker is the right way to go I would be tempted to try the new Wharfedale Diamond 225. It seems as though you are against the idea of floorstanders - this appears the best way to go to get the bass improvements your after. Can you try the Q acoustics 3050? I think they would be nice with the NAD.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
It's a shame that you can not go the floor standing route as I really do think this would sort some of the issues that you have that's why I changed from book shelf to floor standers because I felt that with book shelf speakers it feels your hearing a box not the music it's hard to explain but there's just something missing in the sound anyway let's us know what you go for

gasolin

Blackdawn said:
Hi again. I couldn't see the Dynaudio DM 2/7 speakers I suggested on the web. Even though I doubt another budget speaker is the right way to go I would be tempted to try the new Wharfedale Diamond 225. It seems as though you are against the idea of floorstanders - this appears the best way to go to get the bass improvements your after. Can you try the Q acoustics 3050? I think they would be nice with the NAD.

no space on my desk for q acoustics 3050

pyrrhon

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi gasolin,

I have a26 and paired them with nad 275bee. The bass gets greatly improved. Just get some power. A26 are very good and you cant get better without spending much more.

matthewpiano

Blackdawn said:
The DM range has now been replaced by the new Emit range. Specs look very similar to me, and the visual appearance would be hard to differentiate.

gasolin

Atm monment i'm waiting for some danish speaker (not dynaudio,jamo) if that's not an improvement over the bostons i'm gonna get me a mother f.... amp like the one i just so a Denon pma 1560 or mabye a vincent sp-331

gasolin

matthewpiano said:
Blackdawn said:
The DM range has now been replaced by the new Emit range. Specs look very similar to me, and the visual appearance would be hard to differentiate.

In denmark they are for sale for about 320£ for the 2/6 and one place have the 2/7 for about 400£ mabye the only place in denmark with a brand new pair for DM 2/7

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts