Speakers for Kandy K2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I need some recommendations for the "ideal" speakers for Roksan Kandy K2 integrated amplifier. Intend to add the K2 power at some point in the future, though not just yet.

Considering Proac Response D1/D2, maybe EB Acoustics EB2? Mainly considering the ProAc as am a big fan, so any advice relating to that would be great.

Thanks

Hi lolmerchant

ATC's SCM11 and SCM19 monitors are also worth a look. I've found Roksan's Kandy and Caspian Series amplification also pairs well with ATC monitors. Given the size of your room then SCM11's and SCM19 monitors with their closed box design and importantly flat and honest presentation helps position them close to walls without the bass getting itself into a twist.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply Rick. Any thoughts on the Proac/Roksan Kandy pairing?

eagle123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
i got the kandy cd and amp combo, they l3 version bought a kef r700, result is excellent 3d imagery, bass goes deep and midrange is clear, you could even hear the fingers strumming the guitar, try auditioning the kef r series

A

Anonymous

Source: M-DAC w/ furutech USB and a Debut Carbon w/ acrylic platter

IC: Chord Cobra 3 VEE

Speaker Cable: Odyssey 4 2-2, Silver Screen - currently unsure on speaker cables, may have to change as not liking the odyssey over silver screen.

Genres: a lot of stuff really, rock to hiphop to classical.

Thanks!

moriarty

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I recently purchased a pair of Dynaudio Excite X12's which I am using with a Kandy K2 (and a front end of a Radius 5.2 turntable for analogue and a Squeezebox Touch for digital) and I'm really pleased with them.

They are definitely more refind than the Dynaudio DM2/6 (which is still a very fine speaker) and sound wonderful sitting on Partington Dreadnought stands in our modestly sized listening room.

If you have a slightly larger room them I would also hear the Kandy speakers which I've heard with the K2 intergated and sounded fantastic.

lolmerchant said:
Source: M-DAC w/ furutech USB and a Debut Carbon w/ acrylic platter

IC: Chord Cobra 3 VEE

Speaker Cable: Odyssey 4 2-2, Silver Screen - currently unsure on speaker cables, may have to change as not liking the odyssey over silver screen.

Genres: a lot of stuff really, rock to hiphop to classical.

Thanks!

Hi lolmerchant

Thanks for your reply and your welcome.

I think you should find the Roksan/Proac pairing will be fine particularly as the M-DAC's tight, clean and fast presentation should help add focus and firm up the overall sound.

Btw, given the size of your room and with speakers to be placed in close proximity to a wall please try and audition the speakers in your roon.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

SpursGator

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
My opinion is that you are looking at the right speakers generally. The D Twos are incredible. The ATC products already mentioned are both really strong with your setup. The only other thing I might try would be one of the PMC transmission line speakers - this works well in a smaller room just as a sealed-box design like the SCM11 would do.

I'd probably take the D2s but then you will be way out ahead of your amp. They would like you to upgrade to the Caspian. You'll see.

A

Anonymous

I'm reading between the lines here :read: and saying that Proac D1s therefore are the perfect solution to keep myself and my amp happy. That's essentially what you're saying, right? :cheers:

A

Anonymous

Went along to Audio Affair in Birmingham to have a listen and have decided on the D1s - really are superb, and staff were v. helpful, didn't feel pushed to purchase like I have done at other places.

Their high-end showroom has some serious kit in, lucky i didn't have my credit card with me, or i'd be taking a whole lot more home with me.

So all in all, a great shopping experience, and look forward to receiving them this week. Didn't even have to pay for delivery.

Very happy. Will let you know how I get one when they arrive. :dance:

@lolmerchant

Review and pics is essential on here. :)

I had a look at the ProAc D1 and D2 at my local dealers as a possible replacement for the RS6. Not heard as yet but could be a good match with the Leema. So once they're up and running a lowdown will be good. ;)

PvD

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a Roksan Kandy K2 with floorstanders Sonus faber Toy Tower.

The open, dynamic sound of the Roksan is a great match with the smooth Sonus fabers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts