Speaker upgrade

willie45

May 22, 2008
Visit site
Hello chaps.

I have a Naim CD3.5 CD, Supernait, and Neat Mystique 2 speakers. I like this set up but I am wondering whether I should look at upgrading my speakers. I like the sound they give me but they are about 14 years old and maybe I could do better nowadays?

Ideally I prefer quite a warm full sound with weight and scale but with carity in the treble which should be sweet and not harsh in any way. I also have an issue with placement. The Speakers are quite close to corners (about 12" from the side walls ) in my L shaped living room so that needs to be considered.

Anyway, I was looking around forums to get a shortlist up and I noticed a post on here by a chap called Naxos who seemed very pleased with Neat Elite SX but I'm not sure they would be a significant upgrade from my Mystiques. I have been told the Momentum 4is would give me weight and scale but they are out of my budget at the moment.

If I don't get a substantial improvement I won't bother but any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Willie

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
If I were you I would wait and save up and make a larger upgrade, as long as your speakers are working alright and they should be fine for at least 20 years.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
willie45 said:
Hello chaps.

I have a Naim CD3.5 CD, Supernait, and Neat Mystique 2 speakers. I like this set up but I am wondering whether I should look at upgrading my speakers. I like the sound they give me but they are about 14 years old and maybe I could do better nowadays?

Ideally I prefer quite a warm full sound with weight and scale but with carity in the treble which should be sweet and not harsh in any way. I also have an issue with placement. The Speakers are quite close to corners (about 12" from the side walls ) in my L shaped living room so that needs to be considered.

Anyway, I was looking around forums to get a shortlist up and I noticed a post on here by a chap called Naxos who seemed very pleased with Neat Elite SX but I'm not sure they would be a significant upgrade from my Mystiques. I have been told the Momentum 4is would give me weight and scale but they are out of my budget at the moment.

If I don't get a substantial improvement I won't bother but any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Willie

Hi,

May I ask, what is your budget?

Mac

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
willie45 said:
Hi my buget is just over £2,000 so the Elite SX would fit at c £2,200 but the momentum 4i would be way over

Willie

With that budget I would hear as much as you can.

I dont think you are likely to get a massive change if you stay with the same brand, so if its a big change rather than a little refinement or a little deeper bass for example, then maybe try other brands.

How big is your room?

What would you like to improve on your current speakers?

paudra

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Give the KRF R700's a listen, I have just upgraded to them after trailing the GURU QM10 2's, MA GX300's and KEF R900's the latter being too big for my room.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts