Speaker upgrade from 5.1 to 7.1 speaker set

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys!

Advance Merry Christmas!

Here's my question; currently Im using Onkyo TX-SR606 Receiver, DMP-BD60 Bluray Player with M10 polk audio 5.1 speaker. I'm thingking of upgrading the speaker set from 5.1 to 7.1 (adding 2 same identical speaker from my existing m10 polk audio). If I'll be watching a bluray movie that's only encoded in 5.1 sorround sound, what would be the sound output of the 6th and 7th speaker (sorround back left and right)? would it just sound the same as the 4th and 5th speaker (sorround left and right)?

Thanks and regards!Ü

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
If you listen to a 5.1 soundtrack and you're using standard/auto decoding (no external sound processing), the rear speakers will be silent. You can use Dolby Pro-Logic 2x or DTS: NEO 6 processing which will 'create' a 7.1 soundtrack from the 5.1 that's sent to the Onkyo, much like it does if you use it to create surround sound from the stereo output from your TV.

A

Anonymous

Hi Big Chris, Merry Christmas!

Just a follow up question, if my bluray disc is labeled DTS-HD Master Audio (5.1), can I still use the NEO 6 format so the sorround back will sound different from the sorround sound?

A

Anonymous

Hi Big Chris, Merry Christmas!

Just a follow up question, if my bluray disc is labeled DTS-HD Master Audio (5.1), can I still use the NEO 6 format so the sorround back will sound different from the sorround sound?

A

Anonymous

A

Anonymous

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts