Speaker to amp connection

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My amp and speakers have been in storage for a while and I've recently liberated them. I bought new speaker cable - QED Silver Anniversary XT with Airloc terminal plugs, unfortunately when I tried to connect them to my amp the only way possible seems to be by feeding the wire around a thread and tightening a plastic nut. Is there anyway around this problem that would allow me to 'plug in' the connectors

If I bought a new amp (Marantz PM4001) will this allow me to plug in my speaker cables?

A

Anonymous

when I connected my speaker cable to my new speakers, the speakers didnt have a "push in" connection for the banana plugs , only a binding post with a hole thru it, and a screw over the top of the binding post.

I simply pushed the plug into the hole and gently tightened the screw - seemed to make a good enough connection. I am also using the new XT cable from QED, although not the airloc plugs.

A

Anonymous

i had the same problem only to find out that i had to remove some tiny plastic lids from the back of the amp check and check again today's manufactures usualy let u choose how u connect your speakers

A

Anonymous

It's a Denon PMA-250SE.

Is it worth removing the Airloc plugs, baring the wire and attaching it to the threading post? I've looked for a way to insert the plugs but nothing doing.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Thank you to Mr 'sex' - I had a good look at the back of the amp and with a little prising with a screwdriver, the plastic caps that you mentioned fell out. Managed to connect with the Airloc plugs - sounds a hell of a lot better.

Many thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts