speaker speaker problem

scorps

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
as some of you know from other posts i recently bought some 2nd hand proac studio 200 they arrived with 2 split cones which dealer i got the from was happy to replace with no extra cost to me but now it seems another rip has occured so shop is giving full refund and arranging carrier to pick them up dont know how the tears have occured as since i got them they have only been played at low volumes we suspect some form of chemical was used on them previously my thoughts are that they been chewed by something unknown but needless to say i am now after another pair of speakers

my choices at the moment consist of kef reference 2.2, monitor audio gr60, and some very nifty looking pmc ob1

anyone got any feedback for whicg set would best suit my system i listen to a very eclectic mix of tunes as my top 10 elsewhere shows

thanx in advance for any replies also any ideas on what caused the tears have got a pic but dont know how to upload it

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
OB1's can sound on the clinical side so make sure you demo them before buy. No doubt they are the best of the bunch on details and bass preformance.

If I have Densen (again) I would be looking for some Kudos, Totem and Neat but that's me with my taste
emotion-1.gif

scorps

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
have heard some kudos on a guys system who i bought monos off and was unimpressed seemed to lack in bottom end and were a bit bright overall although did sound nice n detailed

im really gutted about the proacs as had a really nice upbeat sound to them that i like but still with plenty of bottomend but feel extremely wary of them at the mo due to splits arising even though ive been offered all 4 cones replacing

cant really demo the gear as rely on getting a nice bargain from 2nd hand so i have to rely on reviews n and other peoples opinions

as for ob1's being on the clinical side but with plenty bass sound what i would like as having audiolab monitor audios as my ultimate system for so many years of reading whathifi having it as their ref system think they might have nice little synergy going on with my current gear will keep you informed

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts