Speaker recommendations to partner Cambridge Audio 740A

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm looking into replacing my Mordaunt Short 906i floorstanders, so I'm after some recommendations for speakers to go with my CA 740A. My music is all PC based (WMA Lossless) and goes through my Squeezebox and DacMagic.

I listen to a wide variety of music, from Miles Davis through to Sepultura, so ideally I'm looking for good all-rounders that can hopefully warm up the sound a bit.

My budget is up to £1000, maybe £1200 at a push, and preferably I'm looking at speakers that have matching centre and rear speakers so that I can expand into surround sound in the future.

So far on my list of speakers to audition are Monitor Audio RS6 or RS8, Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6 or 8 and PMC GB1i.

Any other recommendations (or reasons why the speakers I'm thinking about may be wrong for my set up) welcome.

Cheers,

Brian.
emotion-2.gif

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
emotion-11.gif
sevenoaks brighton are selling off the dali suite surround sound package for £999...now discontinued. 4 dali suite 2.8 floor standers and a matching center.

they have an e bay shop, search for dali suite 2.8.

2x 6.5 bass, 1 soft dome tweeter, massive soundstage, they go loud. (ask my neighbours )

bass to die for, warm and laid back, work on music and films, my bt vision box is running through my main rig.

for the money it,s a no brainer, you wont get a bigger bang for your money.....

highly recommended.....

T

the record spot

If you want a big sound, but one that's a little warmer, then you could do a lot worse than audition the Q Acoustics 1050i for £370. Don't knock them on price alone, they punch well above their weight by all accounts, plus there's a full 5.1 range available too. Well worth shortlisting.

A

Anonymous

Sonus Faber have release a new range of relatively affordable speakers with 5.1 in mind, the Toy series. They start at the £740 mark.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Tarquinh:Sonus Faber have release a new range of relatively affordable speakers with 5.1 in mind, the Toy series. They start at the £740 mark.
They're finished in leather, too, if that's your thing
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome: They're finished in leather, too, if that's your thing
emotion-2.gif

emotion-11.gif

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i have the monitor audio BR5's but thats because i could not afford the silver range a i went for the centre and the rears and the the sub which im saving for is £350 where in the silver i £675 but what i would say that the rs8's were unreal when i heard them i would be shocked id the silver range did not work well with CA stuff as i have a CA640h and that sounds great with the bronze. The only problem i came across was that B&W MA and other top brands richer sounds do not do and like wise other shops you wont find CA stuff so you end up carrying around you cd player. good luck

A

Anonymous

Peter Larsen:I use my 740A with a pair of Dynaudio Focus 110. Sounds awsome!

Never considered the Dynaudios. Cheers, I'll add them to my list of candidates.
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts