Speaker Recommendations.... Primare Equipment

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

Since moving to the US, equipment is either hard to come by or highly expensive. I upgraded from my Rotel 970BX amp/ Pioneer PDS702 Cd player to a Primare I21/cd21 CD and amp. I kept my trust old mission 780's for now. But I want to upgrade the speakers. I love the sound of the Mission's, but now want a larger deeper definition. The equipment seems to have an amazing soundstage, but I feel the expression of the music is being hindered by the speakers.

I listen to a wide range of music, from rock, dance, hip hop, classical, opera, et al.

I currently use Audioquest Type 8 speaker cable (replaced my cabletalk), Audioquest King Cobra interconnects and audio quest power cables NRG2 for CD and AMP.

I would like some recommendations on floor standing and stand mounted speakers, if at all possible.

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
Welcome to the States.

I don't know what your budget is, but the best I've heard to date from Primare were on Proac's. They have a wide range of speakers on many different price levels.

rod1429

May 10, 2009
Visit site
I'd like the same advice as the OP, same kit apart from am using my I21 as a pre & an A31.2 as a power amp.

Currently using MA RS6's but cant help but think I can do better, sometimes it sounds great & others I just feel its lacking something - maybe with the treble & mid.

After a pair of small floor standers (room approx 3.5m x 3) - short list so far for auditioning are Neat Motive 2, Spendor A5 - am I on the right lines ? Will these offer significant improvement on what I've got ?

Budget upto £1500 preferably near £1000.

A

Anonymous

I tried the PMC GB1i and FB1i with the Primare I30 and matching CDP. Very nice match. It also worked well with the MA GS60 so it's probably fair to say they'll work fairly well with most decent speakers.

TRENDING THREADS