Speaker position for MA RS6 ?

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Hi all. planning to buy MA RS6 soon, but am very skeptical about my room size and speaker position, etc. Room size is 24' x 12' , ceiling 9', rectange room. The place where speakers are going has the entrance door in right-hand corner, leaving about 7 feet of space on the left-hand side with plain concrete wall, where a 32" LCD TV is wall-mounted, and here is where the RS6 will be placed on either side of the TV, hope you got the picture so far...., now sofas are about 9 feet away from TV, and this is from where we are going to listen to music too. My question is, is the 7 feet space too little for RS6, is my listening distance good ? Please help. thanx.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
No it all sounds fine

My listening space, from the speakers to my sofa, is just under 6ft and they sound superb with the 'sweet spot' about 12" in front of my seating position.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="vinod_david"]is the 7 feet space too little for RS6, is my listening distance good ?[/quote]

There are many more important questions to ask than that. Are your walls acoustically treated? A bright room that size is invitation to unwanted echo and resultant resonance. You need to optimize this as in current setup you don't even have 7 feet of spare room (You can't keep the left speaker close to the wall). Your listening distance also would decrease, as you'd need to keep them away from the wall behind them by a good margin (unless you love a boomy bass which MAs would produce with their rear ports when placed close to the back wall).
I'd give them the side with maximum free space and free of movement around them. The wall opposite should be heavily draped to avoid stranding waves.

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="d_a_n1979"]No it all sounds fine

My listening space, from the speakers to my sofa, is just under 6ft and they sound superb with the 'sweet spot' about 12" in front of my seating position.
[/quote]

what are the distances sidewards and back of the speakers from wall. thanx.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="vinod_david"][quote user="ranjeetrain"]Are your walls acoustically treated?[/quote]

Its a living/dining room, so not acc. treated. so whats my option here ?[/quote]

Cheapest being curtains in right places. Or at least somethings that would prevent the sound waves from bouncing back and forth. If you are passionate enough, hire a professional to do it for you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts