Speaker placement ? help me :)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
OK so here is a sketchy diagram of my room layout.

I dream of sorround sound but can not figure out where to put the speakers for best effect.

All help is much appreciated.

oh yeah Fire place must stay and the seating positions are pretty much set as in the diagram.

thanks.

1678n5c.jpg

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Not easy......have you considered a soundbar type solution (Yamaha or similar).....or

Can TV be mounted over fire (far from ideal - too high/too hot/viewing angle) and speakers put either side?

A

Anonymous

CnoEvil said:
Not easy......have you considered a soundbar type solution (Yamaha or similar).....or Can TV be mounted over fire (far from ideal - too high/too hot/viewing angle) and speakers put either side?

Well at the moment I have a 2.1 sony system but I'm after a more room filling effect.

also above the fire is a no go I hate the look of wall mounted tv's.

I read some where that 6.1 surround may work better in this kind of room?

vonchief

Dec 21, 2008
Visit site
What about moving the sofa across to be opposite the TV.

This would leave a nice space for a surround back speaker behind it,You could then have left and right surrounds either side of the sofa and if there is enough room , left and right front either side of the TV and centre speaker underneath.

This would only work if the big oblong object is a rug and not a table.

Just read the bit about seating being set so might be best ignored.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
If you can't move the TV or the seating your best / only option may be 3.1 with style speakers. L front above the fireplace nearest the TV and R front between the TV and window. The L would obviously be much closer to you and require some timing tweaking, and the stereo effect wouldn't be great. Sub anywhere suitable, perhaps by the window, to the side of the small sofa.

Might be somewhat improved if you could rotate the big sofa 90 degrees and put it against the right hand wall. Or put the TV in the opposite corner and have seating all along the wall to the top of the diagram. Tricky!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Think i may start dreaming of a new house instead!

smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts