Speaker package to suit Pioneer SC-LX83

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Just about to purchase this raved about AMP and was wondering what speaker package would suit the pioneer amp. So far i'm looking at the MA RX6 AV12, B&W 683 AV package and Dali Ikon 6MK2 AV Package.

Any feedback would be good.

A

Anonymous

I have the SC-LX72 and the RX6 pack and I love it for music and movies.

D

Deleted member 2457

Please see sig
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies guys. I would love to go the MK route but would never be able to justify to the mrs why i have just spent over £5k on speakers alone, when she probably could have bought new shoes instead.

So to save my soul before the mrs investigates unusual amounts of money vanishing from the joint account i will have to keep my budget circa £2,500 for the speakers.

I've had KEF previously and found they where harsh in my previous set up at higher volumes. MA have always been the ones for the looks but everyone rates the B&W speakers for a good all round sound.

This is a hard one. Any experiences with anyone partnering Pioneer with a particular brand? Good or Bad.

D

Deleted member 2457

Emporio:

Thanks for the replies guys. I would love to go the MK route but would never be able to justify to the mrs why i have just spent over £5k on speakers alone, when she probably could have bought new shoes instead.

So to save my soul before the mrs investigates unusual amounts of money vanishing from the joint account i will have to keep my budget circa £2,500 for the speakers.

I've had KEF previously and found they where harsh in my previous set up at higher volumes. MA have always been the ones for the looks but everyone rates the B&W speakers for a good all round sound.

This is a hard one. Any experiences with anyone partnering Pioneer with a particular brand? Good or Bad.

Well my B&W FPM sound great with a Pioneer, the B&W XT series can be a bit harsh.

Monitor audio Apex get recommended with this Pioneer amp.

Monitor audio RX6 AV12 get recommeded too, also with the 270 speaker if style is more your thing.

What sort of speaker do you want big or small?

Tannoy speakers also get recommended alot too.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The new KEF Q-series are not harsh and really shouldn't be compared to previous models. We find the 83 goes exceptionally well with both the q-series and the Ikon MK2 from Dali. Of the last ten demonstrations I have done with the 73/83 we are on an even split with sales between the two. Last year it would have been all in Dali's favour.

If you have a big room it is a great comparsion between the Q900 and Ikon 6

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Emporio:

The new kef's may have addressed your issue maybe.

If you really wanted to go the MK route you could reduced the cost by choosing alternatives.

example

3 x MK lCR750

images

2 x MK M4T

images

1 X MK KX12

images

This would come in at around £2371.

MK sound great with pioneer.

naughty573

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
i have heard a pioneer with Dali speakers (the older ikons though) - i was suitably impressed hence why i want to buy an SC-LX83 for my Dali speakers

but IMHO i reckon any of those speakers you ask about are all great - it would depend on your personal preference - even though i have the older Dali ikon's if i had the choice i would have had the monitor audio's in a shot - but i was getting the older model Dali ikon's at a price i couldnt refuse and i am pretty happy with them

as an aside - i dont have the SC-LX83 yet but im aiming to replace my Denon 2808 with one of those cos a buddy who just got the same speaker set as me has that combination and it sounds superb

in terms of your problem with speakers - if you cannot decide - toss a coin but IMHO this is the ranking i would place on them - the monitor audio's as a preference and then the Dali's and then the B&W's because for me the monitor audio's are the most exciting and slightly forward listen out of those and the B&W's are the most neutral and an extremely safe buy but for me very neutral, whilst the Dali just lands up plumb inbetween those (once again i reiterate this is how it seems to me and someone elses opinion may differ) - having said that i would off course be ecstatic with any of the speaker sets you mention combined with an SC-LX83 anyway so i reckon you will have to lots of auditioning to figure out your own personal preference

i cant say much about how the MA's and B&W's would match with Pioneer cos ive only directly compared them with an Onkyo receiver and i have not hear either partnered with a pioneer amp of any description - under those circumstances the MA's were my preference but as with anything Hi-Fi your preference may differ so dont place too much stock on anyone elses opinion and take a listen to those speakers and decide which characteristics you prefer and chose accordingly - i think that that particular receiver will just fall in place and just show up any strengths of the speaker set you chose so even if you audition those speakers with different amps you should easily be able to decide which set you like ....a statement that may seem counter-intuitive but im sure that the SC-LX83 is talented and rounded enough to make all those speaker sets shine in most circumstances

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the feed back guys, i've arranged a demo with all these speakers mentioned so will update on my findings.

A

Anonymous

Hi guys,

Thought i'd post my update on my recent speaker demo with the Pioneer SC-LX83 & Pioneer BDP-LX52 Bluray.

B&W 683 AV Package

Initial though with this package was good solid sound, punchy bass nice detail but found the sound a little damp as if the speakers were wanting to more but couldn't! maybe not the right speaker choice with the pioneer.

MA RX6 AV12

These sounded great. Good detail treble, mid range and bass even without the sub. With the sub i found the b&w package was better in terms of control.

KEF Q500 5.1

Great sounds mid range details was fantastic. they didn't have the same punch as the other speakers but i have to say with the pioneer good partner for them. The KEF sub could have been better not in the same league as the B&W or MA AV12. Now when you change the front speakers to the Q700 what a difference.

In the end i have opted to go for the MA Audio RX6 Package without the sub. For the sub i have purchased a BK Monolith+.

Thanks for all the advice guys :)

A

Anonymous

I managed to get the Sub from my brother for £350, which made it worth my while to go for that. He bought this 2 months ago, then moved abroad due to work. For £350 i don't think anything on this planet could give or have be better performance :)

Pound for pound the sub is huge and the sound is explosive. I've had BK XLS200 before and very happy with the quality build and sound.

A

Anonymous

Had no issues at all. I believe the latest firmware update on the BDP-LX52 has something in there which noted about better stability.

A

Anonymous

Just checked the settings, BD PQLS is set to AUTO and HDMI Control ON for the AMP. PQLS is solely used for CD playback as it matches the speeds of both components to give Jitter free playback.

When i play a CD every thing is switched automatically with no issues. Does this mean i'm lucky? :)

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
I need to have some fettleing time i think... What is the blu ray player outputting?? Pcm or Lpcm?? I take it you are listening to cd over the hdmi?? When i switch my hdmi control to on it messes up the inputs on the amp.... I need to spend some time with it i think unless pioneer have resolved the problems with the newer 83 model??

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
john1000000boy:I need to have some fettleing time i think... What is the blu ray player outputting?? Pcm or Lpcm?? I take it you are listening to cd over the hdmi?? When i switch my hdmi control to on it messes up the inputs on the amp.... I need to spend some time with it i think unless pioneer have resolved the problems with the newer 83 model??

Johnboy i've mentioned to you in the past about the PQLS it works on my older amp and player fine what exactly is the problem you have maybe we can sort it out ?

Emporio great choice with your speakers.

TRENDING THREADS