Speaker output volume very low please help!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello

I have a problem with my new hifi setup that consists of a Rotel RB-1070 Power amp, Rotel RC-1070 Pre and a pair of B&W P4 floorstanding speakers.

I bought them all second hand from various sources and have finally got round to connecting them up.

The first problem i encountered was there seemed to be no sound from the amp so i opened it up and tested the fuses. One of the four fuses was bad so i replaced them all with new ones.

After trying again I thought it might work but it did not. I thought there was no sound at all coming through so i turned up the volume dial and when it got to full volume I could hear sound coming out of the speakers but it is very very quiet but both speakers work.

So this is where I am stuck, does anyone know what could be wrong?

I have tried different interconnects from pre to power, did'nt make any difference.

I don't think it can be the speaker cables as there is sound going to the speakers.

I have tried a cd player and turntable but both are low volume.

Any advice please?

much appreciated,

A

Anonymous

Hey,

That's a tough one to guess, I would think the problem would be somewhere at the output stage.

Does it have a headphones socket, is the volume to that okay or also low?

Are you able to test an alternate pair of speakers?

AJ

A

Anonymous

Also I presume there is no volume adjustment on the pre, so I would rule out anything other than the amp or the speakers. Souds to me like the pre is doing its job fine,

Maybe you could do an ohms test on the speakers?

A

Anonymous

Hi

Please do not reply on this thread as I have accidently posted the same thread twice.

Please check for the other post with the same title.

can i delete this thread somehow?

apologies

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts