speaker match

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Wondered if any one could give advice on a speakers that would best match my system,i have a meridian 506 cd player and linn magic i amp,am using AE 109 series 100 floorstanding speakers,but they sound to much in the box and not as open as i would like,treble not great,to much base i dont have a big budget wallet,can anyone help.ta Mark

A

Anonymous

Im new to this so sorry to not give enough info,my budget is £500.00,room size 27'x13,trying to match speakers to linn magic i + meridian 506 cd player,dont mind which type,floorstanding would be nice,but not crucial.

goodfella:Im new to this so sorry to not give enough info,my budget is £500.00,room size 27'x13,trying to match speakers to linn magic i + meridian 506 cd player,dont mind which type,floorstanding would be nice,but not crucial.

No problem, just helps us with if you can add as much info as possible.

I haven't heard Linn amps for years, but if memory serves me right I think they very transparent and open. You have AE's at the moment, so my suggestion would be a very neutral speaker, like Spendor S3's (standmounted) or S5E (floorstanding). I know the 5's are on offer at Sevenoaks's Brighton branch, although they are over budget £799.

However, others may have better suggestions.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts