Speaker Help

lesmallett

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
This seems to have been discussed many times, but nothing seems to have quite answered my questions.

I currently have a MA RX1 and RX centre set up at home. I have always used my Marantz SR7005 for music duties but recently added a Naim UnitiQute 2 into the equation which is brilliant.

Ever since then I have wanted to upgrade the fronts for better music listening but would always need to take into consideration the need for matching centre and rears/heights.

If it wasn't for surround sound then I would automatically go for the Kef LS50 which I demoed the other day. I also demoed the MA GX50 which I found dissapointing. I had high hopes for them as could have kept my Radius surrounds and just got the GX centre. I just didn't think they had the bass I like. I couldn't get the demo any Kef R100's but was told they are the same as the LS50's, which I know isn't the case.

Another dealer has told me the R100's are not much better than the RX1's I already have and as the R300 and GX100's are too big for my room I seem to have hit a brick wall. Anyone got any suggestions? My budget is limited sadly, I just hunt for bargains new or used.

KidKomet

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
What is your budget, room size and what kind of sound are you looking for in relation to the styles of music you listen to?

lesmallett

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
My room is 3.5m wide by 6 m. Music ranges from everything. Electronic, to Indie. I like to feel the kick of drums and feel some bass in dance tracks. I'm not a bass head though. Basically I would like a more muscial version of the RX1. I could afford £1200 to £1500 but not keen to spend all that just on the front 2, would want to factor in the centre.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts