Speaker Choices - Wilson Benesch, B & W, Audiovector

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After deliberating on my current MA GS10s I have decided to upgrade, have narrowed it down to either the B & W 805s, Wilson Benesch Arcs, or Audiovector Mi 1 SI or AV. The question is which? Cant find any dealers that stock all 3 brands to compare. The other potential is the MA platinums.

A

Anonymous

Not to worried on these for 'monitoring' as they are in a different room, for pure hifi 2 channel only. I have my old trusty NS10s for monitoring purposes in the separate 'studio' room.

John Duncan

Yes, understood - I'm just saying that I had always found hifi to have a very different, constrained sound to the studio, until I heard some PMC GB1s (I think), which to me were the first to give me the sound I'd heard there. Couldn't afford them though
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Forgot to add, the room the speakers are for is quite small, 2.8m by 3.2m. Me sitting approx 2m from the speakers.

John Duncan

Yep me too - I'm looking at the Spendor SA1's for a similarly priced room, but they're relatively modest compared to what you're looking at. I forgot to mention Sonus Faber - the Cremona Auditor is very good indeed, and wondrous to look at.........

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
The Arcs and 805S are very different speakers. YOu really need to audition them as it's always down to personal tastes, even more so with speakers. If you want more hi-fi and politeness maybe the B&W's. The Arcs are harder and more difficult to drive. I have heard reports of the SF Cremona looking the business (superb finish) but being quite lame and uninvolving for their price.

John Duncan

[quote user="gpi"]I have heard reports of the SF Cremona looking the business (superb finish) but
being quite lame and uninvolving for their price.[/quote]

Which is why your advice about personal taste is so important, especially at these prices, since I found them supremely involving, but maybe for different reasons.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JohnDuncan"]Yep me too - I'm looking at the Spendor SA1's for a similarly priced room, but they're relatively modest compared to what you're looking at. I forgot to mention Sonus Faber - the Cremona Auditor is very good indeed, and wondrous to look at.........[/quote]
Spendor SA1, superb choice! Got mine on Saturday. Very smooth, incredibly detailed, fast with excellent timing, rich and even balance and the bass you get is very good. The biggest thing about them is that they sound so damn natural. Coming from MA RS1s the change is profound. Their focus is razor sharp too, quite spooky at times! I didn't know my amp had such emotion in it!!! I really can't get enough of them. Magic! I'd love to hear what you think of them if you get an audition.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JohnDuncan"]Well there's a Zebrano pair (phwoar) in the window of Sevenoaks next door, and I have a Primare amp sitting in my drawer here cos I haven't taken it home yet.............
emotion-5.gif
[/quote]
...Primare, that's where I'm thinking of moving to. Would you like to come to hear my SA1s ;-)

John Duncan

[quote user="igglebert"][quote user="JohnDuncan"]Well there's a Zebrano pair (phwoar) in the window of Sevenoaks next door, and I have a Primare amp sitting in my drawer here cos I haven't taken it home yet.............
emotion-5.gif
[/quote]
...Primare, that's where I'm thinking of moving to. Would you like to come to hear my SA1s ;-)[/quote]

Will there be biscuits?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JohnDuncan"][quote user="igglebert"][quote user="JohnDuncan"]Well there's a Zebrano pair (phwoar) in the window of Sevenoaks next door, and I have a Primare amp sitting in my drawer here cos I haven't taken it home yet.............
emotion-5.gif
[/quote]
...Primare, that's where I'm thinking of moving to. Would you like to come to hear my SA1s ;-)[/quote]

Will there be biscuits?[/quote]
Of course...and tea, very civilized...

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"][quote user="gpi"]I have heard reports of the SF Cremona looking the business (superb finish) but
being quite lame and uninvolving for their price.[/quote]

Which is why your advice about personal taste is so important, especially at these prices, since I found them supremely involving, but maybe for different reasons.[/quote]

I would probably like them too JD as I'm pretty easy to please. I think some people enjoy knocking equipment that is popular and they seem to think it's cool to do so. The same with music, they go for bands not many people have heard of and make a point of knocking the popular stuff.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts