Speaker choice

randomfeaturezero

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
OK so I've been researching this for hours now, I'm going round in circles, and I can't audition anything where I am. I have a Cyrus 6 XPD amp. When I plug my old Dali Zensor 1s in the treble is perfect. When I plug in my damaged Dynaudio Excite X12s, it is just neutral (I could do with it a bit brighter). What I am trying to find out is if B&W 685 S2 would be too bright, ie brighter than the Zensor 1s, or should I be looking at something completely different. Lots of speakers that could be perfect could be too bright for the Cyrus. The Cyrus is very clear in the top end so I am worried about the metal tweeter in the B&Ws. Or would it be no more than with my Zensor 1s? Ideally I need something like the Dali Zensor 3 but more refined, for £500. I've looked at everything, and I'm still confused.

Can anyone help?!

Also consider Dali ikon 1 mk2,with their ribbon tweeter the treble will be sweet as a nut,Going at a great price now at richer sounds,around £300,they released at over £500 . I've listened to the b&w 685s2 a couple of times and been underwhelmed by them compared to the original 685's,but I wouldn't say they were bright,your going back to older monitor audio metal dome tweeters that were deemed as such but today's mdt's have moved on in the technology dept.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts