Speaker choice???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I have recently bought a Michell Gyro. and am waiting on delivery of a Cyrus CD6, both of which are/will be connected to a Roksan Kandy K2. My question regards my speaker choice dilemma! If I am to use floor standers they need to be slim and so I am leaning towards the Monitor Audio RS6, alternatively I could get away with stand mounted speakers so long as the box is not too wide, so with this in mind and based on nothing but reviews from What HiFi and an assumption they will work well with the Amp I am leaning towards the Roksan Kandy K2 speakers. These are a budget stretcher for me so was wondering if any of you have an opinion on:

i) What would be the better speaker choice between these two based on source & Amp components?

ii) What other recommendations would you have in this price range for my system?

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Steven.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
The M/A RS6 speakers are a superb choice; great soundstage and bass depth and will suit the K2 amp and Cyrus CDP.

The B&W 684 floorstanding speakers are very good also and theyre a similar size to the M/A RS6's; again super soundstage and very authoritive.

I've only briefly heard the roksan speakers so couldnt really give you a solid opinion; they were lined up with the Roksan K2 amp; Cyrus 8SE CDP, the Roksan CDP and the Rega Apollo CDP.

All sounded great but i felt that their bass was a little light for the size of speaker but they were brand new as well!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts