Speaker choice for 1500ae amplifier

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there everyone,

I would really appreciate if you could advise me on what speakers to go with my Denon Pm1500ae amplifier.
The amplifier itself is rated at 70 watts.

I had originally thought about the Mezzo2's but someone told me it would soundquite bright. Is that a good thing or bad thing or were they just telling me that to sell me something else ?

I'd really like to hear your reccomendations.

Thankyou.

matthewpiano

The best thing you can do is take your amp along to a good dealer and try it with some different speakers. Try and audition the new Mission 79 series bookshelves at £350. I suspect they might turn out to be a good match.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, I'll check those out.

I forgot to mention, only bookshelf speakers please, no floorstanders.

I listen to mainly electronica and ambient music, soundtracks, dance music.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Rega R3's. Small floorstanders with none of the drawbacks of tiny standmounts. Same footprint, small price, big sound, astonishing value imo.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the suggestion so far. I will check them out.

Anyone know if the Mezzo'a would be a bad choice ?

Thankyou.

matthewpiano

Mordaunt-Short always make excellent speakers so I'm sure the Mezzos would make excellent contenders. But that part of the speaker market is hotly contested and a lengthy session auditioning different options with your Denon amp is going to be the only way of being sure. I'd also be trying Epos M5i, Mission's new 79 series bookshelves, and B&Ws.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks Matthew.
I will definately look into these speakers you suggested and hopefully find some shops where I can take my amp down and hook them up to it.

Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts