Speaker cable to go with Brio 3 & 10.1

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi im looking for some cable to go with a Rega Brio 3 amp and a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 10.1. I currently have some Cambridge Audio ultra biwire but have found it a bit harsh at times so any advice on other cable that maybe isnt silver would be grand.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

In my opinion some of the best cable for budget systems and mid-range systems currently is Chord Carnival Silverscreen.

If you want to better than then maybe look at some QED Revelation

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Chord Carnival Silverscreen. (About £5 - £6 a metre.)

I can assure you (despite the very confusing name) that it has pure copper conductors and not silver or silver coated. The 'silverscreen' only refers to the colour of the foil screen (which is not made of silver either).

If - as your forum name implies - you live in Southsea, then pop along to see Nick and his merry band at Audio-T in North End. He will get them terminated with soldered banana plugs for a small 'consideration'.

southsea_bronx:
Hi im looking for some cable to go with a Rega Brio 3 amp and a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 10.1. I currently have some Cambridge Audio ultra biwire but have found it a bit harsh at times so any advice on other cable that maybe isnt silver would be grand.

Cheers

Hi southsea_brpnx

Look at some standard 79 strand OFC speaker cable as this will be more then good enough.

Btw, i'll also recommend single wiring your speakers.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the info.

I had actually dismissed the silver screen just from the name alone! Cant believe I have been so dumb.... I will probably look into getting that now as I do live in Portsmouth.

Yeah im going to just single wire now and, I meant to in the first place but the CA bi-wire was the only option at the time.

Thanks again people

SonofSun

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
hifilover1979:
In my opinion some of the best cable for budget systems and mid-range systems currently is Chord Carnival Silverscreen.

If you want to better than then maybe look at some QED Revelation

I though QED revelation was poor, it sounded rather thin in my experience (silver plated). It also rather expensive and a real swine to terminate. I would stick to copper.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts