Speaker cable recommendations

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

[quote user="fr0g"]For all you folks with 'bat ears' - why not go for James Randis $1 million? Buy a lot of kit...

I think you need to tell the difference between monster cable (already quite expensive), and some silly priced $300 per foot cable...
Should be a doddle eh? oh looks like the cable people have backed out of a challenge...(wonder why?) Randi
[/quote]

Lol. What a contrary patronising person you are .Still, your loss.An inability to appreciate any alternative opinions, refuting others opinions on things you have not even heard or tried, having no sense of humour AND not able to appreciate what other people can hear.Your defensive almost tantrum like comments in respect to people saying thay can appreciate something you can't , or even just having a logically put different opinion, is hilarious.What a bummer it must be actually being like that.And your Arcam amp is awful.I would not want anyone who was getting interested in hi fi to hear that.It would put them off for life.it's the worst i have ever heard so it's a bit odd that someone who thinks it sounds good should think that they are able to pass comment on the sound of ANYTHING never mind what other people say they can hear.Shame you dont live in glasgow.I come to sweden occasionally though.Maybe we could meet up and we can find out if you are as much of a condescending smarmy individual to a persons face or whether its just saved for the nice comfy safety of the end of a computer.The latter i suspect..

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Fraziel"][quote user="fr0g"]For all you folks with 'bat ears' - why not go for James Randis $1 million? Buy a lot of kit...

I think you need to tell the difference between monster cable (already quite expensive), and some silly priced $300 per foot cable...

Should be a doddle eh? oh looks like the cable people have backed out of a challenge...(wonder why?) Randi

[/quote]

Lol. What a contrary patronising person you are .Still, your loss.An inability to appreciate any alternative opinions, refuting others opinions on things you have not even heard or tried, having no sense of humour AND not able to appreciate what other people can hear.Your defensive almost tantrum like comments in respect to people saying thay can appreciate something you can't , or even just having a logically put different opinion, is hilarious.What a bummer it must be actually being like that.And your Arcam amp is awful.I would not want anyone who was getting interested in hi fi to hear that.It would put them off for life.it's the worst i have ever heard so it's a bit odd that someone who thinks it sounds good should think that they are able to pass comment on the sound of ANYTHING never mind what other people say they can hear.Shame you dont live in glasgow.I come to sweden occasionally though.Maybe we could meet up and we can find out if you are as much of a condescending smarmy individual to a persons face or whether its just saved for the nice comfy safety of the end of a computer.The latter i suspect..
[/quote]

I love the way the entire post links to Randi.

This reminds me of a born again Christian I once encountered. Of course God is real, I've experienced him!
emotion-2.gif

Regards Ed.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Fraziel"][quote user="fr0g"]For all you folks with 'bat ears' - why not go for James Randis $1 million? Buy a lot of kit...

[/quote]

[/quote]

Keith was banned for a lot less than this.

A

Anonymous

Mother of the man upstairs, don't you people ever tire of this? lol

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
You're all wrong of course.

Speaker cables do sound different. Fact!

And I have two Arcam amps and QED cable and it sounds amazing. Fact!

Thirdly...there is no thirdly. Fact!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"]You're all wrong of course.

Speaker cables do sound different. Fact!

And I have two Arcam amps and QED cable and it sounds amazing. Fact!

Thirdly...there is no thirdly. Fact!
[/quote]
Facts...who needs facts, we're talking cables...

A

Anonymous

Hi all
I've been looking to upgrade my nasty Monster XP to DNM Reson MkII, though having read [most of this] "discussion", I have thought better of it.
You see folks, I'm an engineer by trade and hence have lots and lots of cable just hanging around, and I'm going to conduct an experiment......

1) Take 100m reel of twin and earth flex.
2) Strip the outer and inner sheaths.
3) Twist the twin and earth coppers together to make a meaty piece at either end.
4) Attach to amp/speakers and apply suitable source and try to see if there's any difference at all.

Now, it's pretty late in the day to be doing this today, so it's going to be done saturday, and i will let you know what results my [obviously less than scientific] testing yields.
Beats paying £6.15/m for it.

Stay tuned...

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="nedtom"]Hi all
I've been looking to upgrade my nasty Monster XP to DNM Reson MkII, though having read [most of this] "discussion", I have thought better of it.
You see folks, I'm an engineer by trade and hence have lots and lots of cable just hanging around, and I'm going to conduct an experiment......

1) Take 100m reel of twin and earth flex.
2) Strip the outer and inner sheaths.
3) Twist the twin and earth coppers together to make a meaty piece at either end.
4) Attach to amp/speakers and apply suitable source and try to see if there's any difference at all.

Now, it's pretty late in the day to be doing this today, so it's going to be done saturday, and i will let you know what results my [obviously less than scientific] testing yields.
Beats paying £6.15/m for it.

Stay tuned...[/quote]

Good man.Put us all out of our misery. I use QED SA XT biamped, and I've just bought some basic 6mm copper strand, sheathed of course and I'll be doing my own experiment too at some point soon.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Fingers Lee"]Keith was banned for a lot less than this.[/quote]

maybe, but then again perhaps he was not subjected to irrational smarmy condescending sarcastic ridicule.I have read mcalpines posts and he was deserving of ridicule to an extent, but not in a nasty persistently unpleasant way a-la-frOg. He seems to think that everyone who can hear differences in cables is deluded and worthy of belittlement and his delightful line in condescension.I suspect he is just tone deaf to a degree and is incapable of hearing subtle, and maybe even not so subtle, differences in tone.Its very common and many people are not even aware of it. as my mate said " if he genuinely cant hear the difference between speaker cable he is either lying or has a hearing problem".Of course this goes back to a post weeks ago about the Arcam A80 amp which i slagged off ( rightly so as its god awful).He took it really personally and since then makes a point of attacking near enough everything i say.People should not take anything he says abouit hi fi seriously though.He recently recommended to someone with a denon mini system to buy a set of B&W685's as he genuinely thought they would go well.Unbelievable.Truly unbelieveable.To me that brings into question anything he ever says about anything to do with hi fi.Only someone with a very limited knowledge would say something so daft.In life if someone spoke to a person in the manner and tone of some of his posts, in my city anyway, you would very quickly wish that you hadn't.There is no excuse for being a pompous, condescending,sarcastic, smarmy, belittling offensive individual.Sorry mate, you picked on the wrong guy.I am not going to put up with that anywhere, least of all on this forum.Only a coward behaves like that on the end of a computer. Ban me? how about we try and ban cyber bullies.lets start with frOg.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="al7478"]We've got to threats now. oh how i long for mr mcalpine.[/quote]

Not a threat at all.Its an expectation of behaviour from any reasonable adult,and what could happen where i come from if someone alked to someone in that manner.The fact its online does not make it ok.Maybe you would put up with it al7478.More fool you.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
i wouldnt resort to violence and therefore concede that i had a shorter temper and an inability to deal withthe situation verbally unless i felt i was in imminent danger. Punctuation? You WHAT?!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="al7478"]i wouldnt resort to violence and therefore concede that i had a shorter temper and an inability to deal withthe situation verbally unless i felt i was in imminent danger. Punctuation? You WHAT?![/quote]

how incredibly perfect of you.Is someone with a short temper somehow not as worthy a person as someone without one?I am a firm believer in the use of words first, always have been, but if i spoke to anyone like that to their face i would expect, at the very least an angry response and more likely (certainly in glasgow),me having to duck.if someone persistently disagrees and finds fault with you for whatever reason ( in this case he makes a point of it due to taking the huff with one of my previous posts) its usually termed harassment or bullying.Dont try to make out i am somehow at fault here.Familiarise yourself with whats going on first before you comment.However, if you put up with people talking to you like that then where is your self respect?Did not get the punctuation comment.sorry.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"]Let's all leave it there. It's just opinion which makes the world interesting.[/quote]

ok.we posted at same time i think.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Fraziel - the punctuation comment was a jab at myself. it seemed id written quite a long sentence without so much as a comma. im familiar with whats gone on here, and ive certainly not said you are the only one at fault, nor do i believe it. Thanks for the completely uninformed character assessment. Anyway, you'll certainly not find me to be a grudge bearer(?) in future. Pippip!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"]Let's all leave it there. It's just opinion which makes the world interesting.[/quote]

........words of wisdom bud ;)

A

Anonymous

I'm comfortable with the fact that I can tell significant differences between various interconnects and speaker cable....I also accept that others cannot......doesn't mean that anyone is right or wrong, and a scientific explanation doesn't always translate to an audible difference.....just my own thoughts ;) Much love and respect to everyone ;)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Fraziel"][quote user="Fingers Lee"]Keith was banned for a lot less than this.[/quote]

maybe, but then again perhaps he was not subjected to irrational smarmy condescending sarcastic ridicule.I have read mcalpines posts and he was deserving of ridicule to an extent, but not in a nasty persistently unpleasant way a-la-frOg. He seems to think that everyone who can hear differences in cables is deluded and worthy of belittlement and his delightful line in condescension.I suspect he is just tone deaf to a degree and is incapable of hearing subtle, and maybe even not so subtle, differences in tone.Its very common and many people are not even aware of it. as my mate said " if he genuinely cant hear the difference between speaker cable he is either lying or has a hearing problem".Of course this goes back to a post weeks ago about the Arcam A80 amp which i slagged off ( rightly so as its god awful).He took it really personally and since then makes a point of attacking near enough everything i say.People should not take anything he says abouit hi fi seriously though.He recently recommended to someone with a denon mini system to buy a set of B&W685's as he genuinely thought they would go well.Unbelievable.Truly unbelieveable.To me that brings into question anything he ever says about anything to do with hi fi.Only someone with a very limited knowledge would say something so daft.In life if someone spoke to a person in the manner and tone of some of his posts, in my city anyway, you would very quickly wish that you hadn't.There is no excuse for being a pompous, condescending,sarcastic, smarmy, belittling offensive individual.Sorry mate, you picked on the wrong guy.I am not going to put up with that anywhere, least of all on this forum.Only a coward behaves like that on the end of a computer. Ban me? how about we try and ban cyber bullies.lets start with frOg.[/quote]

Seriously mate, I think you've lost it.

Regards Ed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts