Speaker cable for APEX speakers

Hi c_avraamides

I'll highly recommed you use standard speaker cables with at least 79 strands of OFC or preferably with a few hundred strands of OFC. These speaker cables will be more then good enough for the Apex speakers and will also cost very little money.

Fwiw, i use these cables with Apex and also Platinum Series speakers with amplification such as Chord Electronics SPM3005 and Plinius Hiato and the results are just superb.

Btw, i hope you'll enjoy the performance of your Apex speakers for many years to come.
emotion-1.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
As they're being used in conjuction with the Marantz SR7005, I don't think you have to be careful about choosing the wrong cable (copper/silver).

If you don't want anything too bulky, QED's Original should work well and won't be too expensive, but if you want to push the boat out, try Chord's Rumour 2, which we use in our demo room, and I use at home in my own system. It might be a higher end cable, but it's not too bukly either. It's a silver coated copper which brings a little more detail through in the top end, and has a pretty neutral midrange with no blooming.

A

Anonymous

I am between two QED speaker cables for my APEX speakers, the QED Silver Micro and the QED Original.

The first is thinner and slightly more expensive.

Which one do you think would have a better outcome?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Generally, silver plated copper cables give a slightly exaggerated top end, so if you like the detail, the Silver Micro will be fine. The Original will be a fuller sounding cable and smoother on the top end. That's an exaggerated explanation, but will help you choose easier
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS