Speaker buzz traced to amp - what to do?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I took delivery today of my new Usher S520s. Paired with my Arcam Alpha 8 CDP and Alpha 9 amp they sound great (can't wait to biwire them when I get my extra cable on Wednesday...). However, I noticed a faint buzzing from one of the speakers whenever the amp is turned on. After swapping cables between speakers etc, by a process of elimination I have discovered that it is the right hand speaker out on the amp that is the source of the buzz, no matter which of the 2 right hand pairs of terminals I use (SP1 or SP2). Anyway, as I said the buzz is faint, so it's not a big problem that I'm about to throw lots of money at, but I just wondered if anyone has a quick fix or other suggestion...?

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

I had a similar problem with a computer connection, the amp would buzz even at minimum volume, solved by using a connecting lead with ferrite rings built in.

A

Anonymous

only the right channel eh? I'd look for an interferenec source. Make sure your not doing something silly like running the interconnects to the power amp parallel with a mains cable or something similar. Also, like the previous guy said, other units in close proximity could cause an issue.

If that's not it then it could be an earhting issue, to which I'd pop the lid of the amp and give any earthing screws a tighten, perhaps the 0v tie down to earth on the right channel has come loose - or perhaps a connection has been made when you don't want one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts