Speaker/amp-s wiring,can I?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am going to make my htx 22d a 5.1 system, adding my hifi bw 685's +jamo centre speaker, original speakers as surrounds, could I leave the 685's connected to the hifi amp,run wires from the speaker outputs on this amp to the ones on the htx allowing me to use the speakers for hifi or surround depending on which amp is switched on? or will I blow it up?.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
yukdan:I am going to make my htx 22d a 5.1 system, adding my hifi bw 685's +jamo centre speaker, original speakers as surrounds, could I leave the 685's connected to the hifi amp,run wires from the speaker outputs on this amp to the ones on the htx allowing me to use the speakers for hifi or surround depending on which amp is switched on? or will I blow it up?.

You run the risk of severe damage to one or both systems.

proffski

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
emotion-2.gif
I thought that firework night was over?
emotion-3.gif

A

Anonymous

Thank you ,Andrew & proffski, that's another bright idea gone up in smoke, not now thanks to you (both)

A

Anonymous

Can anyone advise if there is a way of achieving this?, with this setup, without causing fireworks.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
If the Onkyo lacks front pre-out connections, which I severely doubt it has, the short answer is no. I would just keep them separate.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts