Speaker advice ?

SeanRussell

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I have recently bought a NAD 302 amp and NAD CD player but now Im looking for some suitable speakers (Not Floor standers). I have a medium size room and looking to spend £150 to £200. I have looked at the Tannoy V1s, Mission MX1s and second hand B&W 603s.What would you recomend?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
While the NAD wil drive the 603's, its not going to have the bass control needed for the 603's to sound as they should do. The V1's and MX1's will work fine, and to that you can add the Monitor Audio BX1's, the Q Acoustics 2020i's, Mission MX2's, Acoustic Energy Neo V2 1's, and Dali Zensor 1's.

If you want to look at used floorstanders, look out for Monitor Audio's BR5's or equivalent Acoustic Energy models - these will be much more managable than the 603's.

SeanRussell

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Thankyou very much for the advice I will definatley look into those options. I live near coventry and I was wondering whether your store has the option to audition the speakers ? Thanks again

Coll

May 4, 2011
Visit site
SeanRussell said:
Coll said:
I have some Monitor Audio RX1s for sale , only 18 months old, not sure how we can communicate though.

Hi,

Thankyou for the response, here is my email address seany34@live.co.uk

Have sent you an email, sorry I did not realise that you had used your real name in your post so my email is addressed to seany

TRENDING THREADS