Speaker advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I`m looking a buying a new surround speaker system to put into a cinema room approx. 6m long x 5m wide.

After reading the reviews on the following speakers Mordaunt Short Performance 6 and the Monitor Audio Platium PL300 both speakers have great reviews.

Unfortunely I cannot demo the two systems side by side, can anyone give advice on the above speakers on how they compare, I`m aware of the price difference but I want the best performance regardless of the price.

A

Anonymous

Best performance regardless of price - I would say the Monitor Audio PL300.

Coincidentally, the PL300 and Performance 6 are my 2 favourite loudspeakers - at any price. And I have listened to B&W800D and 802D's, as well as other high-end loudspeakers.

The Performance 6 gets very close to the PL300 in terms of sheer performance - and at a good price, comparatively-speaking. But if price is no-object, if it were my money, the PL300.

Dan.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
joey the lips:
I`m looking a buying a new surround speaker system to put into a cinema room approx. 6m long x 5m wide.

After reading the reviews on the following speakers Mordaunt Short Performance 6 and the Monitor Audio Platium PL300 both speakers have great reviews.

Unfortunely I cannot demo the two systems side by side, can anyone give advice on the above speakers on how they compare, I`m aware of the price difference but I want the best performance regardless of the price.

Are you talking about the Platinum surround speakers - ie. 5.1? If so, I would have thought one demo and if you can afford it, you will be buying.

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I've heard the PL300's in stereo and the only thing that stopped me from buying them was that they'd completely overpower my living room. The dealer was telling me about a guy who lives out in the country. He turned up his PL300 system, opened the house windows and drove away from the house with his car windows open. Apparently, he could hear the system miles away quite clearly. May be worth looking at the PL200's (which I haven't heard yet)?

I have heard the PL100's with the PLW15 woofer and PL150 centre in 5.1. Played Batman and Jurassic Park (where the Tyrannosaurus appears). I could feel my jeans moving with the bass as the Rex roared! It's a system that I am saving for.

Can't recommend the Platinum's enough.

A

Anonymous

Yes, just to comfirm its the MA Platinum surround 5.1 system and the other option is the MS performance 5.1 system.

A

Anonymous

i have the pl300 av set up - its amazing - nothing missing. You do get used to the size very quickly and the centre can be disguised pretty well with a good cabniet - or better still, get a cabinet the same width and watch it blend right in but add looks

A

Anonymous

HI Dan

I would personal recomend the pl300 the sound they produce is very crisp and detail and has a lot of bass when you need most. Amp I would use the leema tucana or musical fidelty m6i, both these amp have great grip and are well suited for the pl300.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts