Speaker Advice

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Raffles

May 21, 2022
Visit site
Thanks for your input. If you check the Marantz website they say "Marantz perfect pairings featuring Bowers and Wilkins" and “Contemporary craftsmanship is holistic for Marantz and we see this reflected in Bowers & Wilkins,” There is a massive piece about how well they fit. If not a promotion then lets call it a commercial partnership. Question - has anyone actually listened to B&W with a high end Marantz sacd?
Re ATC I have not overlooked ATC. I considered the SCM 19 but several respected reviewers stated it needed a sub. I am not looking to spend 2k on a speaker and then buy a sub. The scm 40 I have only seen for 4K. Getting back to my initial question has anyone had a high end marantz and ATC combo and tried different speakers? That is what I want advice on.

Thanks for your input. If you check the Marantz website they say "Marantz perfect pairings featuring Bowers and Wilkins" and “Contemporary craftsmanship is holistic for Marantz and we see this reflected in Bowers & Wilkins,” There is a massive piece about how well they fit. If not a promotion then lets call it a commercial partnership. Question - has anyone actually listened to B&W with a high end Marantz sacd?
Re ATC I have not overlooked ATC. I considered the SCM 19 but several respected reviewers stated it needed a sub. I am not looking to spend 2k on a speaker and then buy a sub. The scm 40 I have only seen for 4K. Getting back to my initial question has anyone had a high end marantz and ATC combo and tried different speakers? That is what I want advice on.
Best of luck with your quest as I very much doubt that many with a no end ATC amp are likely to be using a Marantz CDP, but who knows.
Even if they have and tried different speakers I cannot see how this is ultimately going to help you without you actually going to try for a home audition....
But, whatever, best of luck

Raffles

May 21, 2022
Visit site
Your comment seems barbed. Why would someone not use an ATC amp with a Marantz SACD? I did not enter the forum to receive veiled criticism so it you have nothing positive to add please post on an alternative thread.

Your comment seems barbed. Why would someone not use an ATC amp with a Marantz SACD? I did not enter the forum to receive veiled criticism so it you have nothing positive to add please post on an alternative thread.
It was by no means meant as a criticism so sorry you took it this way.
The point I was trying to make is that most people I know with an amp of this standard would have it paired with ATCs own CD player for reasons of synergy, so are unlikely to have tried it with a Marantz.
Hence the reason you are having trouble getting the answers you require.
No doubt others will be along to prove me wrong..... :)

I see that now, so maybe this is the home US website, because B&W import Rotel in the UK so they’re hardly going to pair up with a rival amp. I think we can take it as a lifestyle cum marketing promotion.

Best get to audition a few options, and see what floats your boat.

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts