speaker advice needed by a novice!

Muzza

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I am looking to get some speakers for my lounge to listen to music and also play movies through the TV. The room is about 4m x 4m and the budget is about £800 - £1,000. I will audition of course but I am not an expert and have some questions:

Would floorstanders like the Tannoy Revolution DC6T sound a lot better for music than say a home cinema package like the
KEF 3005 or MA Bronze BX2?Does home cinema sound really poor through 2 speakers?Are floorstanders better generally than standmounters of the same price?What would people recommend at my price level? I think it would be about 50% music / 50% tv and movies.

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I play all of my sources through my stereo system mainly because the music side is mopre important to me than DVDs etc and TV.

It sounds fine to me but I have nevere studied home cinema set ups.

I currently have MA RX1 stand mount speakers but am looking forward to upgrading to MA RX6 floorstanders.

My amp is the Rega Brio R and I also use the Audiolab 8200CD player, this player also has a DAC which I plug the TV, Freeview Box and Blu ray disc player into.

Hope this helps

Muzza

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Clare Newsome said:
What's the rest of your system - what's going to be feeding these speakers?

Hi Clare

My system is a samsung 46D6530 TV, PS3, Denon CD player and Onkyo NR-609 amp.

Any help very much appreciated!

Muzza

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Lo Fi said:
I play all of my sources through my stereo system mainly because the music side is mopre important to me than DVDs etc and TV.

It sounds fine to me but I have nevere studied home cinema set ups.

I currently have MA RX1 stand mount speakers but am looking forward to upgrading to MA RX6 floorstanders.

My amp is the Rega Brio R and I also use the Audiolab 8200CD player, this player also has a DAC which I plug the TV, Freeview Box and Blu ray disc player into.

Hope this helps

Hi

Does the TV still sound good through this set up?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts