Speaker advice for Small Room

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am trying to find a pair of speakers around the £300 mark that would suit a small room. I have a Rotel RA04 amp and RC06 CD player. I am trying to achieve clarity as well as Great Treble and Tight Bass at relatively low volume. I welcome any suggestions. Thanks

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
What kind of distance from the rear wall are you going to place your speakers?

Sealed box or front ported designs will work close to walls but rear ported wont. Ive a pair of PMC DB1i's that have a rear transmission line exit port, i had them either side of the fireplace about 2 feet from the rear wall but due to the alcove at either side of the fireplace it was impossible to get a smooth bass response.

Ive just replaced them with ATC SCM19's which are a sealed box and pushed the stands back due to the extra size of the new speakers. They are now a foot off the rear wall and produce a perfectly smooth bass response.

Maybe check out some used ATC SCM7's, although somebody may help confirm if your amp is upto the task of driving them. They recomend between 50 and 300watts. You'll find some for sale on the famous auction site at the moment.

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
A little over budget, but Sevenoaks Brighton have Leema Xero's in Ebony or Cherry for £399, and they are lovely little speakers that normally retail at £650. Well worth the extra IMHO. Rear ported but mine sound best less than 10cm from the wall so easy to position.

A

Anonymous

I second the Leema Xeros, they are fantastic speakers for £399.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts