Question Soundmagic E10C vs Cambridge Melomania 1 Plus?

mannisrai

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I currently own the E10C earphones and have used them for 5 years. I'm looking to finally upgrade to a pair of wireless earbuds. Any recommendations? I was looking at the Cambridge Melomania 1 Plus - but got a question. Would that be an upgrade in sound quality? E10C's were 40 pound and Melomania 1 Plus are 90, but obviously some of that you are paying just for the wireless capability. Any ideas? Can anyone push me in the right direction?
Also a note to say I very much enjoy the sound profile of the E10C - deep bass but still very clear sounding.
I'm also open to recommendations to other earbuds of course!

I currently own the E10C earphones and have used them for 5 years. I'm looking to finally upgrade to a pair of wireless earbuds. Any recommendations? I was looking at the Cambridge Melomania 1 Plus - but got a question. Would that be an upgrade in sound quality? E10C's were 40 pound and Melomania 1 Plus are 90, but obviously some of that you are paying just for the wireless capability. Any ideas? Can anyone push me in the right direction?
Also a note to say I very much enjoy the sound profile of the E10C - deep bass but still very clear sounding.
I'm also open to recommendations to other earbuds of course!
Unfortunately earbuds, like speakers, are a very personal choce and often only auditioning yourself will clarify whether or not they are an upgrade over what you already have. Do you know anyone that uses them and might let you try them out?

Niallivm

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
I have both E10C and the Melomania 1 earphones. I initially got the latter for convenience, mainly at the gym but I use them all the time now, often preferring them to my more expensive Sony and B&W over ears. Sound is stunning:!clear, detailed and natural. They’re an absolute steal at the price, as were the E10Cs

Reactions: Al ears

mannisrai

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I have both E10C and the Melomania 1 earphones. I initially got the latter for convenience, mainly at the gym but I use them all the time now, often preferring them to my more expensive Sony and B&W over ears. Sound is stunning:!clear, detailed and natural. They’re an absolute steal at the price, as were the E10Cs
Which do you think are better? E10C or Melomania? And what are the sonic differences?

Niallivm

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site

mannisrai

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Personally I think the Melomania have superior sound - a revelatory level of detail in familiar tracks. I also consider the E10C build quality cheap by comparison. I’ve got Melomania 1 by the way - Melomania 1+ are apparently even better (and currently cheaper) https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/gbr/en/products/headphones/melomania-1-plus
Wow I'm so glad you saw this thread. Thank you for replying!
What about bass? I'm pretty impressed with the bass with the E10C, what about the Melomania?

mannisrai

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
The bass on my E10c is good but not as distinct as on my other ‘phones. I’m not a fan of the overpowering bass on Beats, preferring a more natural, balanced sound. Presumably you’ve already seen this review? https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/cambridge-audio-melomania-1-plus
I have yeah but its always good to ask people who have used it day to day. Hmm, I may try the Melomania then. Its just a shame because if I don't like them or they don't fit - I can't return return because they're in ears. 😪

Reactions: Niallivm

doifeellucky

I have the non plus Melomania 1’s and to me they sound very good, and the battery life is excellent. For me the only negative is the tips. The supplied silicon tips didn’t fit at all and sounded quite poor as a result. The memory foam tips were a really good fit for my ears and offer great isolation, however over time they harden up and tend to want to fall out. I currently can’t source replacements as the size is not that typical and the Cambridge originals are out of stock, so they’re currently not being used.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts