Soundbase........ Ugly

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I dunno, I think our Canton DM50 looks good in white - almost disappears into the shelf it's on :)

canton-dm-50-soundbase-white.jpg

gowiththeflow

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
Surely the vibrations from these Sound Bases will vibrate the TV standing on them, even if only ever so slightly.

So much for pin point sharp pixels then?

Another fad and just as rubbish. Does anybody really need one of these?

Surely the manufacturers would've thought of that and incorporated enough dampening to prevent vibrations going through to the TV. If there wasn't a market for soundbases, so many manufacturers wouldn't have entered this segment.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I can only speak for the Canton, which is reinforced to prevent vibrations. You can tell how sturdy the cabinet is by the fact that it can support TVs up to 40Kg (It's been many a year since flatscreens weighed this much!)

And who knows if it'll be a fad? You could say that about all sorts of tech products. Ditto your comment re anyone 'needing' one.

What I (and indeed the offical GfK sales figures) can tell you is that soundbases are certainly selling very well right now - seems there's demand for better TV sound without significantly increasingly footprint of TV.

kev g

Mar 4, 2008
Visit site
I heard the Canton DM50 at this years Bristol Show - it was very good.

Clare, I believe you were in the room when I was there. It`s a small world. :wave:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts