Soundbar v 5.1 system

A

Anonymous

Good question my friend . Tried to post but it didnt appear on the forum.

Am a new member to the site but have been reading with interest for ages.Will give indication where i am at.

Me and the other half are moving back into our house in a week or so having been flooded in june. Am taking the opportunity to install a home cinema system having been a film nut for ages but done nothing really about it.

Initially looked at a yamaha sound bar say ysp 2200 or 3300 which sounded good in the store. However , our lounge which is about 25ft by 14ft has a big bay window at one end and open plan into a dining room at the other. With sound projection technology not sure it will work to my satisfaction.

Have now persuaded the missus into a 5.1 system albeit with sats. Have listened to the B&W MT60D system hooked up to a yamaha RXA 1020 amp. The sound just blew me away and im no expert but it was amazing.

Could do with a second opinion on soundbar v 5.1 and thoughts on the B&W and yamaha pairing.

Thanks

Paul

buzz_lightclick

If you don't have any issues with running cables to the rear speakers then definitely go for the MT60D, it will be far better than any sound bar! You could save some money and just buy the 5 M1 sats and get a cheaper subwoofer, that will sound just as good (look at BK subs) but little beats the PV1D for styling. I would have gone for that system if I hadn't fallen for MA Apex.

KeithT

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Tend to agree, with a lounge that size I'd opt for the proper 5.1 or 7.1 system rather than the Yamaha, good though it is. There are plenty of 5.1 systems out there, browse the forums and find something that fits into your budget.

Then sit back and enjoy! :)

I would recommend the RX-A2010 which will offer much better amplification at a much cheaper price as it's last uear's model:

http://www.creative-audio.co.uk/HD.php?_YAM_2010_&CAT=HCAMP&ID=4734

Or this will offer even better performance yet cheaper than the 1020:

http://www.petertyson.co.uk/ebuttonz/ebz_product_pages/yamaha_rx-a3010.shtml

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys appreciate your comments. Think the MT60D is the one for me. Need to give some thought to the amp bearing in mind the great deals out there at the mo.

Will want some more assistance when it comes to wiring up etc.

Paul

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts