Question Soundbar - expand vs upgrade

Noconsw

Jul 18, 2020
Visit site
I currently have a bose 700 soundbar with matching sub. I am wanting to improve my audio experience for movies 🎥

should I add the wireless rears to the Bose or should I upgrade to the Sonos arc with sub but no rears?

Jono2000

Jun 28, 2020
Visit site
Depends on what sort of upgrade are you looking for.
One with better audio than the op has now......

I've got the same type of question.... .how much better is an cinema amp\separate speakers (thinking b&w 600, front, center, and older M1's rear) with an older Denon av receiver 3808, when compared to a much lauded Sonos ARC on its own?

How much better is a separates setup from a decent Sonos ARC soundbar. We don't generally have the TV up to thunderous volumes, as we're in apartments etc.

"One with better audio than the OP has now" is very subjective. Surround sound gives better home cinema experience for some (in which case the OP needs to look at adding rear speakers). If sound upgrade, in what way is the sound lacking in the current setup?

A separates system will usually be superior to a soundbar, although in your case if Atmos works well with your ceilings, you may find better experience with Sonos Arc. Sonos Arc will limit the number of sources you can add as compared to an AV receiver. Depending on which TV you have and your source, you're unlikely to get uncompressed HD audio with the Arc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts