sound quality

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Thinking of buying a marantz cd6004, been using my sony bdp-s360 blu-ray player to play cd's ever since my technics player packed in. Would there be a massive difference in sound quality between the marantz and the sony. I run a yamaha rxv1400 rds receiver, and Acoustic Energy evo surround speakers

A

Anonymous

I'd been using a cheap Sony DVD player to play Cd's for a couple of months which considerably bettered my Macbook Pro/ itunes (horrible, lifeless. two dimensional). I bought a cheap (and vintage) NAD CD player on ebay because I thought it could still be better and I have to say the difference in sound quality was not small. Given this experience I'd say there's little question it will sound better, its like the difference between a using a Swiss army knife and having the correct tool for the job.

stevieg330

May 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I agree with Spectre. I tried out a BDP-S370 as a cd player and to be fair there was very little difference between it and a Marantz DR6000 cd recorder I have.

However I wanted to try SACD so I bought a Sony SCD-XB940 and even though it was made a while ago it was a great improvement on the Blu-ray (using cd). I didn't compare it using SACD.

So I think that the Marantz should also be a much cd better player than the Sony.

HTH

Regards

Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts