Sound Quality from DVD to Blu-Ray

timbo999

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
We just watched Adele at the Royal Albert Hall on the BBC, mind blowing.

So, I just googled and found the full show on DVD and blu-ray. Now I have a capable amp and 5.1 speaker setup and a DVD player. I'd like a new Blu-Ray player. Now the Adele show is available on DVD which is in Dolby Digital 5.1 and Blu-Ray and I don't know what it's in. Will the Blu-Ray sound quality be better?

Im currently connected via HDMI cables so so they wouldn't be upgraded.

Will the sound be any different?

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes the blu ray will sound better , its one of the things that hits you with blu ray first though they they still try putting the picture first, even watching HD stuff through SKY i can notice the difference

The blu ray package says "Dolby Digital" on the outside, which is same as the DVD.

But actually, it is DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1. So the difference is quite significant.

To fit to DVD, more amount of audio compression is done as compared to blu ray resulting in loss of detail.

A

Anonymous

Yes it is little difficult to mark the difference of audio quality between a DVD and Blue ray. But i had read somewhere that blue ray is able to provide better audio quality because of its high bandwidth and lossless audio.

cd replication Los Angeles

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts