Sound Power & Definition

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and already have a question?

I bought recently an integrated amplifier cambridge azur 640 v2 (75 wats) with a Monitor Audio BR2

I use the PC & MP3 as a sound signal conected to the cambridge with mini jac / RCA

The sound is OK but I need more power and definition to outdoor listening - I use the speakers outside my house

I dont know if the problem is with the cable 25 meters long to each speaker (wich I need to place the speakers outside)

I Think the signal from the PC is very low -

Can I buy a mixing table to amplify the signal from the PC to amplifier or

Do I need to buy another pair of speakers or

What do You sugest

Please help and Thank you

A

Anonymous

Your amp is designed to accept line level inputs. Your PC is able to attenuate the line out on the sound card so it might be worth checking that you don't have the volume and tone controls of you PC at the wrong level. In fact better not to be using the PC tone controls at all IMHO. You may have a contol under volume control in the system tray that says master volume or line volume. It might be set too low. or there might be a disable sound controls function on your sound manager.

A

Anonymous

nop

i have sound volume in the PC control panel at maximum level

any ideas ??

A

Anonymous

OK.

How long is your 3.5mm/RCA cable? If it is more than a couple of meters it will have a audible noticeable noise interference.

By swapping to a digital cable and DAC setup you can gain HUGE amounts of definition and soundstaging.

You're 25m speaker cables are not helping matters. What are they? For 25m you will need good quality and dependent on what else is around them, possibly shielded cables.

Guessing, I would say improving these things will solve your problems.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I dont like to bring you back to reality but with your little amplifier and speakers you will never achieve any 'power & definition' in an outside space, if I did understand you correctly. There's no room re-inforcement or reflective surfaces which help your average home speaker and the small amount of power your amp has is nowhere near enough to create good pressure outside. Best buy a PA rig.

A

Anonymous

drummerman:I dont like to bring you back to reality but with your little amplifier and speakers you will never achieve any 'power & definition' in an outside space, if I did understand you correctly. There's no room re-inforcement or reflective surfaces which help your average home speaker and the small amount of power your amp has is nowhere near enough to create good pressure outside. Best buy a PA rig.

Or some big juicy monoblocks lol

A

Anonymous

i dont need disco sound, the amplifier is for indoors and outdoors use and dont have the cash to go power-up

anyway thanks for advice

ps - do you think that with a dj mix table the signal from the PC to the mixer and finaly to the amplifier would get stronger ?

A

Anonymous

john_portugal:
i dont need disco sound, the amplifier is for indoors and outdoors use and dont have the cash to go power-up

anyway thanks for advice

ps - do you think that with a dj mix table the signal from the PC to the mixer and finaly to the amplifier would get stronger ?

Would you like jam with that sir? You will have to pay for it though..

A

Anonymous

Can you verify if the signal from the PC is actually low? Can you plug a CD player or DVD player into your amp to compare? Tbh those speakers just aren't designed to be placed outdoors, the sound will just be lost. By the way, I hope you don't have any neighbours closeby!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts