sound issue

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi igot a problem with my av stuff,when i connect it up through hdmi everything is ok,but if i add a set of analoge cables from the blue ray to the cd inputs the sound from the analoge will pulse on and off,untill i go back to the hdmi input,tried switching hdmi control off but makes no differance can someone help.thanks

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
We'll need a little more information about your electronics.What receiver and Blu-ray player are you using?

Do you leave the hdmi connected when you use the analogue input?

A

Anonymous

receiver is marantz sr6006 and the blue ray is a marantz ud7006,

A

Anonymous

Very strange, do you get the same problem when the receiver is in PURE DIRECT mode?

A

Anonymous

yes in direct or pure direct and stereo mode,the only time it is ik is when i play stereo through the hdmi

Naass

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi there,

If you assigned the same source for the two connections, i.e. Bluray, you will certainly have this problem.

When you select Bluray, it will use the digital signal from the HDMI1. But then when you push Direct or Pure Direct, it will be mixed up between the digital signal coming from the HDM1 and the analogue one coming through the analogue RCA connection.

You will need to assign the Bluray/HDMI to HDMI1 and the Bluray/RCA to CD/analogue.

So, if you want to listen to a CD, you select the source CD/analogue and when you want to watch a Bluray/DVD or listen to SACD/DVD-A, then you select Bluray/HDMI1.

I hope this will solve your problem.

Cheers,

Naass

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts