sound delay tv to av systen

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Help i have just connected my samsung 37 lcd to my old sony 790 av reciever via the rca sockets, but i get an echo effect when i turn up the volume on the tv and the reciever. if i play through the reciever with the sound on the tv turned down the picture is out of sync.

the tv is connected via hdmi to my virgin v+ box but there is only one hdmi from the v+ and no hdmi in to the sony reciever. the sound on the tv is bretty bad so i thought the av reciever was the best option. any suggestions or do i need to replace the sony av reciever with the sony 2400 and play through the hdmi in ? thanks martin

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
It's a lip-synch error caused by the different time it takes the TV to process the picture and sound.

I'd try connecting the sound from the V+ box through the Sony receiver directly, using the Virgin box's digital or analogue outputs.

Some receivers, though not your old Sony, have lip-synch adjustment, able to shift the delay on the sound to let the picture catch up.

A

Anonymous

Hi again the sound seems to come after the picture. will a new av reciever cure the problem? i am thinking of the sony 2400 or perhaps going for a blue ray system like the samsung 1250 as i have an old dvd player. i did not have this problem with my old sony 43 rear prjector so am a bit miffed that the new picture is great but the dts surround sound is so bad,

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
In which case I'd suggest the TV is already applying a sound delay to let the picture processing do its stuff, and this delayed sound is what you're outputting from the TV into the receiver. Again, try connecting the Virgin box direct to the receiver.

I don't know of any receivers with a video delay able to cope with sound behind picture, only vice versa.

TRENDING THREADS