Sound Bar Cabling Newbie

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm looking to get a Yamaha YHT-S400 soundbar. It has 3 HDMI inputs, but the trouble is I have 4 HDMI devices I want to go to my TV (PC, XBOX, Blu-Ray, Virgin Media). My TV has 4 HDMI inputs, so I was wondering if it would be a good idea to plug these devices into my TV and then connect my tv to the digital optical of the soundbar... whats the best way of doing it? :)

Will I lose any of the advanced sound features from my blu ray player (SonyBDP370) if it goes to my TV 1st instead of the soundbar?

Let me know what you think

Cheers,

Monkeh

A

Anonymous

OR, would my best bet be to put 3 devices through the soundbar hdmi, then have the 4th plugged directly into the tv via HDMI and the soundbar via optical?

Sorry for the confusion!

A

Anonymous

Anyone? :)

Sorry if this questions been asked before, but I couldnt find any posts with the exact same question...

Cheers,

Monkeh

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Hiya, you should have 3 HDMI inputs for your Xbox/PC/Blu Ray to connect to the Soundbar and the Out HDMI socket needs to be connected to your TV. I do not have the Virgin box but it might have a scart connection so connect this to the TV with Scart or you could use a Component Lead from the Virgin Box which does picture and I suspect the optical lead needs to go from the Virgin Box into the Yamaha YSP for the sound, but I would ask your question on the Freesat/Sky/Virgin section of the forum just to be sure. I have the YSP-30D model by the way.

If you go onto the yamaha website at uk.yamaha.com and search for your soundbar, there should be a manual in Acrobat format.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts