Sound and Vision Show Bristol

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've always wanted to go to a hi-fi show and this one looks good, not far from home either! I checked on the list of exhibitors and saw what-hifi was on there...just wondering what you guys are going to present?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It's a great show. We'll be there with an exciting demo (of which more shortly) plus an Ask The Experts advice desk (think of it as the Forums - but live!) and some exclusive subscriptions offers.

There's a big preview of the Bristol Sound and Vision Show in our February issue, out next week (January 10th), and we'll be posting more previews both up here and in-mag before the event itself in late Feb,

A

Anonymous

Great! Sounds unmissible, I'll certainly be going - I couldn't miss the Ask The Experts desk!

A

Anonymous

The show is great and not to be missed. Allow all day to get around and get there early as the queue will be around the block when it opens. We travel frrom London the eve before, get a motel and in early to get a good look around. Some good bargains to be had too! I have been now for about 7 years and as a "veteran" plan where I want to see most as some demo's are timed.

WARNING

Leave your credit card with the wife or at home!!!

A

Anonymous

As this will be my first vist to this show, I have a question for those who have been before.

I'm currently living near the Bristol area and I'm looking to spend a wad of cash on a new AV receiver (Onkyo 875) and speaker package (KEF 3005SE).............................

................would it be better to take advantage of the current sales (Sevenoaks, Audio Excellence, etc.) or is it likely that I would be getting a better deal at the trade show?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
It's not a trade show, but Onkyo and KEF are both exhibiting - given that Audio Excellence is one of the show organisers, why not try asking what the show deals are likely to be...

A

Anonymous

There is the standard Audio Ex sale, the 5, 10, 15% off, but there are also show specific deals on certain products, and some of the exhibitors sell direct on the day, and healthy discounts can be negotiated.

A

Anonymous

I went to the 2006 show, and spent most of the Friday there. It's well worth a full day out. I remember vividly the queues for the Denon presentation for one of their high end AV amplifiers on the hour!

Mind you, I did a good bargain on the day - QED had a load of pre-made cables that they were selling off cheap, and I got myself some QED silver anniversary bi-wire cable, complete with banana plugs and airloc fitted, in two 2.5 metre lengths, for much much less than you'd pay retail. Needless to say my Mission M73s appreciated them :)

A fair number of the companies at the time were releasing iPod docks. I had my 4GB black Nano with me at the time, and so laden with tunes I wanted to see how it worked with the docks, and most of them were happy to let me try it out and see how it looked. In fact the woman from the Acoustic Energy stand wanted to borrow mine so they could show off their speakers!

Also, it's worth noting that the hotel the show's normally is at also does lunch on the premises, and very nice it is too.

A

Anonymous

I'm going to stay there from Friday to Saturday. Is it possible to find not expensive hotel or just a B&B?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts