Sound and Vision Bristol 2009

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

al7478:matt41:

al7478:ll, but will there be plenty of tickets to go around, or will those who are'nt really really early be dissapointed...? ......

I have visited the show nearly everyear, and have been one of the saddos queuing to get in, and I have never heard of anyone turned away.

It's a big place but does get too crowded, especially in the small rooms.

I recommend the Friday if possible.

You won't be able to move for all the women that go to these shows.

Most that are, just that most seem to be dragged around by their partners.

It's a homo erotic geek fest, wear the badge with pride!!

Cheers! Is it always at the same venue? Keep meaning to contact the organisers and the hotel, and will need to sort out accommodation, hoping i can get something near to the venue - walking distance hopefully.

anyway im just waffling, ignore me.

Its the same hotel, every year.

It was once in Clifton many moons ago, Hi Fi on the rocks I beleive it was called.

The hotel is right in the middle of town and there are a few large chains quite near.

I would ring the venue an see what they recommend. Small BnB's are everywhere but you pays your money.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
matt41:'You see, Close your eyes ' and review a cable for video quality, now I know where your going wrong Andrew! You can see with your eyes closed!!!

Its the second comming The latter was possible after all.

What a day.

Now that post was just a complete stream of unconsciousness.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:matt41:'You see, Close your eyes ' and review a cable for video quality, now I know where your going wrong Andrew! You can see with your eyes closed!!!

Its the second comming The latter was possible after all.

What a day.

Now that post was just a complete stream of unconsciousness.

Can you see just how much I've drunk, from where you are?

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:

matt41:Can you see just how much I've drunk, from where you are?

I suspected as much from most of your posts.

Blimey, I'll start quoting WHF reviews, if this is the way the comments are going.

Maybe some cable nonsense....hmmmm. Duff

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
matt41:al7478:matt41:

al7478:ll, but will there be plenty of tickets to go around, or will those who are'nt really really early be dissapointed...? ......

I have visited the show nearly everyear, and have been one of the saddos queuing to get in, and I have never heard of anyone turned away.

It's a big place but does get too crowded, especially in the small rooms.

I recommend the Friday if possible.

You won't be able to move for all the women that go to these shows.

Most that are, just that most seem to be dragged around by their partners.

It's a homo erotic geek fest, wear the badge with pride!!

Cheers! Is it always at the same venue? Keep meaning to contact the organisers and the hotel, and will need to sort out accommodation, hoping i can get something near to the venue - walking distance hopefully.

anyway im just waffling, ignore me.

Its the same hotel, every year.

It was once in Clifton many moons ago, Hi Fi on the rocks I beleive it was called.

The hotel is right in the middle of town and there are a few large chains quite near.

I would ring the venue an see what they recommend. Small BnB's are everywhere but you pays your money.

i felt a bit weird ringing hotels about hotels but i think you might have something so ill give it a go. be great if there was summat like a travelodge within easy walking distance.

Cheers.

emotion-17.gif
hic...is that a russhhh andrewshh powerkord...?

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Only a few weeks to go now - what are you looking forward to seeing or hearing?

I'm interested in the Pioneer stand and get some speaker demo's while I'm there, also interested in viewing some projectors, would like to see what Meridian are doing, and say hi to those from the Forum.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
It'll be interesting to see the clash of the nerds and the dudes.

The nerds will be instantly recognisable as they will be wearing jeans that fit them, Hugo Boss coats and clutching brochures from brands such as Naim and Arcam. The dudes on the other hand will be sporting sunglasses, hairstyles that have come straight out of the windtunnel with it sticking up at the front and back, wearing jeans that are halfway down their backsides, and not forgetting the in-ear buds proliferating...

Nerds and dudes. Or is it dudes and nerds?

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
by the by, i spoke to one chain and they didnt seem to be able to tell me how near that particular branch was from the venue (thats what yoy get when you just put folk thru to a switchboard, folks), and the venue itself just tried to flog me a room. undertsandable i guess.

thank god for the tourist info site.

lots more typos than usual, even.

sorry.

A

Anonymous

I was looking forward to purchasing a squeezebox duet.....but by the looks of it, logitech arent at this years show!

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
hotel is booked, the diary cleared (yeah, that took ages
emotion-43.gif
)

now, lets see what can go wrong.

hey, a pessimist is never dissappointed.

or always dissapointed, i forget...

A

Anonymous

I'm actually excited to hear the Sennheiser HD-800s. Interested in hearing some Roksan kit that's been tempting me, plus speakers from Kef, Dali, Spendor. I'm also interested in seeing some of the vinyl stuff including Keith Monks -- wonder which record to bring, hmm.

A

Anonymous

im going and cant wait i never went to exel but was there the year before and had a great weekend in london so bristols closer for me (swansea based) so i can go come back same day

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I'll be posting a Show Countdown blog later today, with details of all the exhibitors, our amazing Bristol Show competition and demo, plus plenty more news. Watch this space...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts