Sorry if this has been asked before

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
It seems odd that this site doesn't have a for sale section.

People are upgrading or changing their systems all the time so must need to sell their old kit and buy newer stuff.

A lot of other hifi sites have for sale sections, in fact most forums of any kind have them, is there a reason why WHF doesn't?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
No official reason was ever given other than it's against forum rules, so I suspect it's a Haymarket rule. When advertisers pay Haymarket presumably lots of money to display those annoying adverts that frame the screen*, you can easily see why Haymarket and the paying advertisers don't want a loophole that traders could use-and-abuse to advertise their wares for free. So consequently all trading, private or otherwise, is banned.

*unless you like me you have an ad blocker.

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
It could be said that people still need to get rid of their old kit after buying shiny new ones from the advertisers lol

Or need to sell stuff in order to fund purchases from the advertisers. (Am I convincing you Haymarket?) :)

jjbomber

Gaz37 said:
It could be said that people still need to get rid of their old kit after buying shiny new ones from the advertisers lol

Or need to sell stuff in order to fund purchases from the advertisers. (Am I convincing you Haymarket?) :)

Convinced me. You can't upgrade to new kit until you've sold the old kit. Makes sense.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Not just that. You need resources to police the site if it's allowing trading amongst members. Who is responsible if someone becomes a victim of fraud or if there is a dispute (like eBay's buyer protection)?
I suppose something like AV Forums - the police get involved.

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
bigboss said:
Not just that. You need resources to police the site if it's allowing trading amongst members. Who is responsible if someone becomes a victim of fraud or if there is a dispute (like eBay's buyer protection)? 

I don't know if the forum has any obligation to get involved?
It's no different to Gumtree or classiified ads, there's no buyer protection or dispute process there.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts