Sorry, another Pioneer receiver vs. question!

martynsh1984

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
My Onkyo receiver has started to become very slow at switching between HDMI connections and takes an eternity to pass though the signal the first time its switched on everyday, so im using that as an excuse to buy a new receiver.

I have decided on a Pioneer for a few different reasons but i need help on a few different options.

The new versions are a little too pricey for me at the moment so im looking the the 52/72/81/82 models.

The main question i have is comparing the older sc-lx81 against the 72 or 82. If similarly prices to a 72 would it be a better buy, or does the slightly newer ones have a big improvement in performance?

I have probably ruled out the 52 from what iv read on here and I have just bought new speakers so want to try and get the best from them.

I have had a listen to a couple of the units but without getting the home in the real world im struggling to choose between them.

Any help is much appreciated guys!

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi, I've recently upgraded from the Onkyo 806 to the Pioneer SCLX82 and it's been well worth it! Sound quality is much improved. I'd look at either the '72 or '82 which can be had for between £800 -£1000 from various places.

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
That is a brilliant deal Gr Dunn got i paid a lot more than that and that was with the Monitor Audio RX6 AV12 as well. Think the amp stung me for about £1400!! Still worth it though!!

Hows the Touch going gr??

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
I know John, I was very surprised when I got it for that price.....and I it just sounds better every day!

Got the Touch loaded up with loads of music and a few apps.....had it wired in to the Pioneer this afternoon and listened to a wide range of stuff and it sounds great too!

Now thinking about a new Blu Ray player!! Sony 370 is good but the casing is wafer thin.

How was your first blu ray movie??

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
It was excellent. Really pleased few minor gripes(see other thread) Watched 1/2 Robin Hood tonight c*$p story so far!!. See what you mean about the BR Audio over DVD !! It just seems so much more immersive. Like when Robin and his "band of men" are in the woods you can here everything in the background, trees moving etc!! It was so easy to setup the 82 and the tv(used a very good kuro thread) Just need to get the best out of it all

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
it's just amazing what you can get in your own home these days.....sound and vision has moved on so much in the last 3-5 years.....and the Pioneer stuff is just top notch!! Looks wonderful too which is a real bonus.

TRENDING THREADS