Sorry Another AVI Adm9.1 post.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just bought the above with some Partington super drednaught stands and a Cyrus Disc master dvd to us as cd transport. I can only offer ataster reveiw as the dvd has not yet arrived, so I am using my old Denon connected via phono's. A great start playing Santan'a Maria Maria wich has a bass that can be very boomy but not on these,there is good bass well controlled and tight.Playing Eva Cassidy shows of a very natural midband her voice is divine. I will give a fuller review once my cyrus is up and running.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
No need to apologise - happy to hear feedback on any product
emotion-21.gif

Let us know how your experience evolves when all your new system is in place.

Ade0407

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Nick,
Good luck with your new purchase. Do try the optical inputs on the speakers, I think you will be pleasently suprised. I can recomend the additional AVI remote which is more senstive than the one for all remote supplied.
Personally I have been very pleased with my AVI's and I am sure that people would appreciate your input as you are using your speakers in a different way to most users.
Cheers - Ade

A

Anonymous

happy that you like the speakers and will read your review with interest

wouldnt mind hearing some reviews of other than the usual suspects though for example chebby how about doing something on your new speakers which are as controversial as the avis

A

Anonymous

Thanks everyone. I will use the optical(toslink) with the Cryus.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
one off:...for example chebby how about doing something on your new speakers which are as controversial as the avis

Not right now. On Clare's recommendation - earlier in the week - I am listening to the new Queen 'Absolute Greatest' album on CD at (uncharacteristically for me) the loudest I have ever had my system playing and loving it!

Never thought of my speakers as controversial.

In fact I have never thought of the ADM9.1s as controversial either. They are a classic two way ported standmount enclosure with powerful built-in amplifiers, active crossovers, an integral DAC, and made by a company with impeccable credentials for their products, and a lineage, as long as a long thing, of 'rave' reviews (from all over the newsagent's hifi magazine section) for the last decade and a half.

Therein lies no controversy at all.

A

Anonymous

that amazes me i thought youd had running battles along with many other people with the avi man but obviously im mistaken

as to the n-sats as you well know there are those who love them and those who find them unlistenable

however if you take such a narrow view of what is controversial then i suppose theres very little that is

why dont you want to give us a review of the nsats

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
one off:
that amazes me i thought youd had running battles along with many other people with the avi man but obviously im mistaken

The "avi man" is not his product, or his product's satisfied customers, or his (past and present) product's excellent reviews. I try not to confuse them. (The person and the product.)

As for the N-Sats. You show me any speaker that is universally liked.

Messiah

Nick21:Thanks everyone. I will use the optical(toslink) with the Cryus.

If you have a toslink cable available now then connect the Denon to the AVIs with this to utilise their DAC.

method man

May 18, 2009
Visit site
im guessing his 'old denon' doesbt have a digi output.

anyhoo, I am going to do a test this week on the avi 9.1s. thanks to WHF i now have a sony Bluray player. that has an optical output. and its very ear the speakers.

so Im going to blind test a CD played in the dvd player thru the avi. V. the same cd ripped

FLAC on my PC payed via squeezebox thru the avi. and see if there is a difference.

Messiah

method man:
im guessing his 'old denon' doesbt have a digi output.

You could be right. The player was released in 1985 if my quick Google is correct so may not have an optical out. Oh well gonna have to wait for the Cyrus.

A

Anonymous

Messiah the Denon is so old it doesn't have the connection.My ipod classic sounds very good playing lossless via my Gq-24 cable and Headbox2 using the phono connect's,even though It was playing Subo for the wife.She has noticed a big improvement on the sound also(and her mantra is if I anc hear it it works).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts