Sony Walkman low volume problem

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

mgrlthebest

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Is here somebody who can help me remove volume limit for Sony NWZ-A865 ? Or give me an adress of a friendly service ? my e-mail is: mgrlthebest@yahoo.com Thanx!

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
OK-Guy said:
...went lossless (Flac & Atrac)

Only just picking up on this, do you mean 'Atrac'? Wasn't Atrac Sony's lossy compression-format they used on Minidiscs, similar to around 160kbps MP3? Maybe I'm wrong...

EDIT: maybe you meant ALAC, which is lossless.

zenik

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I have a nwz-e454 with the same problem japan destination. I would like if you could share your files that you used to change country on your nwz-e454 pls. I am from europe too.

please, if someone have Sony Destination Tool to restore destination setting let me know at my address : 3330073@mail.ru

pastiadi

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Dear friends,

I also need the Destination Setting Tool, or I am going to set my NWZ-e354 aside. So, would it be kindly possible for anyone who has this to email it to me too?

Raydeville

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Sony EU noise limiter I sold my EU

WALKMAN and bought one from Russia twice the volume and much better volume Bluetooth

won't buy any more Sony eu products

mutnai

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
admin said:
The only way to change the destination, which sets the language, FM range and SPS is to use some sofetware called the 'Destination Setting Tool', which is only nornally available to Sony staff. Fortuanately I found a friendly service centre which emailed me the files (folder NWZE35XE45X_DEST_Setting_EU. I first ran the WMT_CEW (Western Europe) version, which got me back to the original state, but with SPS enabled. I then tried the WMT_CEV (a different part of Europe) file and at last SPS was disabled! I now get the volume I used to have at 30 at 15.

hi , admin. could you help me to solve this problem? i need to find that file for changing the destination code ?

robertd

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I tested an app that removes the sound limit and changes the destination settings of the nwz-a867. It was published yesterday by the guys of rockbox. I verified the changes in the service menu and the sound without the cap is great. Published under the code ad9a2d5: nwztools/plattools: add a tool to change destination and sound pressure.So far there are keys working for these devices nwz-e450, nwz-e460, nwz-a860; nw-a820, nwz-a10, nwz-a20, nwz-zx100, nwz-e580

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts