sony vat back

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that the price of sony tv's has gone up by almost the same amount as would have been saved with the vat back deal? Is it just the greedy suppliers or a con by sony?

A

Anonymous

to me its a sales gimmick

and a bit of skulldugery going on as you get nothing for nothing in this world.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
"I love this hobby, in which everyone is trying to rip me off..."

Not a problem, then - just buy the product and don't bother to claim the VAT Back. You'll feel much better...

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:...Or is it that the Yen is at record highs at the moment?

No on the day the vat scheme was introduced certain retailers increased the price of the high end sony tv's by approx. the same difference you could claim back via the vat, i noticed this also!

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
Yep, I've noticed it too. I went to look at a 40NX713U in a well known high street store last Tuesday, it was £1149 then, I looked on their website tonight and it's £1299, or a 13% increase.

A

Anonymous

well the 46hx903 hasnt changed price! it was £2500 at the start of Sept when i ordered it, and it was £2500 when i tried a different supplier and ordered it the other night.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Diamond Joe:Yep, I've noticed it too. I went to look at a 40NX713U in a well known high street store last Tuesday, it was £1149 then, I looked on their website tonight and it's £1299, or a 13% increase.

£1129 online at Comet if you order online and collect at store, as far as I can see.

A

Anonymous

I was looking at the 40hx803 and it's gone up from 1169 to 1299 on both comet and John Lewis. However, comet have got the 46ex713 (can't decide what size i want and not bothered about 3D) on for 899 (765 after the vat back) which I think is very good, especially when they've got the 40inch version of the same tv on for the same price!

A

Anonymous

I genuinely cant understand this complaining? if you dont want a Sony tv DONT BUY ONE! as i mentioned before my tv hasnt changed in price.

It was £2500 at start of sept and is still £2500 now.

moral of the story if you want to get your vat back buy a 46hx903

D

Deleted member 2457

I saw the sony 46hx903 for £1900 about 3 weeks ago and with a 5 year warranty, not that price any more though.

A

Anonymous

They are advertised a lot cheaper Gel but if you can get one at a price lower than £2500 ill pay the difference! i had one on order for 10 weeks at £2250 but finally threw in the towel 2 nights ago and ordered from my sony center which is promised to be with me within 3 weeks, if you can get one from anywhere else other than a somny center you are VERY lucky, theres one chap on this form says he got one from prc direct, hes either talking rubbish or is very lucky indeed.

A

Anonymous

jst23:

I genuinely cant understand this complaining? if you dont want a Sony tv DONT BUY ONE! as i mentioned before my tv hasnt changed in price.

I dont think its a case of complaining just concurring with others if they've noticed the price change since the vat deal.

I cant afford the 903 @ £2500 or @ £2500 - vat - £2127 but i could afford the 903 @ 2199 - vat - £1871 so it does make a difference hence the slight disapointment the 903 was as low as £2199 prior to the vat cash back deal but now its back up to £2500!

but i live in hope i can get it at the lower price otherwise i'll have to look at a different model, i understand that its a premium tv and difficult to get hold off so it could be out of my price range.

Any way i hope you enjoy the 903 I know you've been waiting a while! let us know just how good it is......

A

Anonymous

Don't forget there's a Sony Center at Heathrow terminal 5, so you can always order tax free if you're having a weekend away or a business trip from there. Last time I was there, they were also offering their own discounts on top of the tax free.

jcshutts

Mar 22, 2008
Visit site
just a thought. The Sony website shows that the 52 " will be dispatched within 48 hours! The 46 shows as temporarily unavailable. I have the 52, paid £3500 (VAT back £520), free glasses, receiver, and Blu-ray included. Worth the extra £500 if you have the space, in my opinion. I find new things on the TV daily! and amazing picture..

TRENDING THREADS