sony str-dh800

A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew, Have you received your review sample of this yet? If so when can we expect to see a review?

Regards

r2oo

A

Anonymous

I have the the Jamo & am thinking of going for the Sony STR-DH800 combination. I have been informed that this pairing could be on the 'bright side' can you elaborate on that for me a bit.

I already have the Jamo's & had me heart set on the Sony, is the 'bright side' thing a real issue bearing in mind that i currently have a £99 surround sound from Argos! so I 'm mot used to hearing fantastic audio anyway.

any views?

A

Anonymous

No it was on another forum & they were referring to the STRDG820 combined with the Jamo A102 HCS 5 to be honest.

You did review the Sony STRDG820, how would you say that was matched with Jamo A102 HCS 5.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
r2oo:You did review the Sony STRDG820, how would you say that was matched with Jamo A102 HCS 5.

Wouldn't be my choice - I'd go with something like the QAcoustics 1010 package, KEF's 1005.2s or the Tannoy SFX 5.1 system with the Sony.

But then again there's no guarantee that the DH800 will sound anything like the DG820, not that I'd consider the latter to be an overly bright-sounding receiver.

A

Anonymous

Thank you very much for your opinion on this Andrew. Do you think the Jamo's & say Sony 820 would still give me a decent surround sound system paired together?

A

Anonymous

As I already have the Jamo's do you think I may be better off pairing them with the new Yamaha RX-V465 rather than the Sony?

A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew, have you had any further news on your demo STR-DH800?

A

Anonymous

oh well...I hope you do get one by the end of this month as it would be good to see a review before my pre-order becomes available on 30.07.09.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts